Butters recommendation?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, Soaper's Choice has the quickest shipping every. I ordered at 1:35 Monday afternoon, it was on my doorstep when I arrived home yesterday afternoon. I checked the shipping time and it was shipped at 1:50. I'm back in the soaping game since I ran out of CO. Weather was too nasty to bother going to get some from Big Lots.

Before I buy oils I price check with shipping across several suppliers. I think it was Jedwards that Lin sent me to that I bought from, it was cheaper than soapers choice once I factored in shipping. I just had to decide if I wanted a 2 year supply or a 1 year supply - not having to order again and pay shipping again won me over. The shea butter should keep well. Of course, that was just my experience based on what/how much I was buying and where I live.

My point is that rather than take everyone's "say so" on what is expensive shipping, check out the recommendations for yourself for what/how much you need and make sure you factor in the shipping, then break the total cost down by oz/lb. Sometimes a place that seems to have high shipping, actually ends up being the cheapest.

For some oils Soaper's Choice is less costly than Cibaria where I can will call. I always compare costs by adding in shipping. I am in CA and Soaper's Choice takes no more than 3 days for me to get my order. They do ship very fast

I too always compare to find the best deal. Unless it's a matter of a couple pennies then I go with who I trust. I checked Jedwards for coconut and shea and it was crazy expensive for me. But do compare. Sometimes things change too.

Also, as you did here, check for how people LIKE what they bought at a certain dealer. If they bought refined or unrefined, organic or not.
You just want to make sure they are recommending exactly what you are looking for.

And just so you know, I Pick up my supply from Jedwards as I live in MA :)

Back