Bummer... herbs...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
I just re-melted my entire herb collection as most of them turned out super dark or the ones where I used white soap base they looked dingy! :? Some of them also smelled really 'muffy' so I guess I'll have to experiment a bit more with herbs and fragrances..

Oh well.. it's all a process of live and learn, right? :wink:

Does anyone of you use herbs in your soaps? If so what kind and what are your experiences? Just curious! :D

I use some herbs but I grind them. Like when I make oatmeal lavender. I think Calendula is safe to use in mp. But dont take my word for it experiment like crazy!

pepperi27 said:
I use some herbs but I grind them. Like when I make oatmeal lavender. I think Calendula is safe to use in mp. But dont take my word for it experiment like crazy!
Yeah, the only thing that works fine is the ground chamomile aswell as the apricot seeds.
I might stay away from the herbs.. or I'll experiment some more... Right now I just don't have any more $ to 'waste' so I guess for now I'll just keep the herbs packed away. :roll:

Back