Build a Repoire with your Market Manager

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It really can serve well if you are able to build a good repoire with your market manager/owner. I have spent over 5 yrs building a relationship with my market manager and owner and it pays off well at times. This week all I have to do is cook breakfast for the hubby for a week and my expensive weekly booth will be comped!! Yeah. Also at another I get comped when the other manager lets in duplicate soapmakers. Of course this week I will take the manager breakfast!!
Supporting and being loyal even in a very slow market can help build a good repoire. I am not talking slow necessarily by attendance, but sales and the managers know if sales are slow. If they ask you to move your booth, even after being set up, move it. Makes a big difference how they think about you.

I couldn't agree more!!! Well said. I have a great relationship with one of my market managers as well. The other not so much but she's ditzy and has no clue what's going on. I just go with the flow but avoid her as much as possible. There's been talk of a takeover by the vendors...:)

Oh yes!

At one of the markets I attend, I've become Deputy Manager (Basically I watch over things if the manager can't be there) So i only have to deal with Day-Of stuff. BUT.... Believe me, that's plenty.

She also has to deal with all the rest. Your Market manager is your best friend! Take care of them and they will take care of you.

At one of the markets I attend, I've become Deputy Manager (Basically I watch over things if the manager can't be there) So i only have to deal with Day-Of stuff. BUT.... Believe me, that's plenty.

She also has to deal with all the rest. Your Market manager is your best friend! Take care of them and they will take care of you.
Yes they are! They have to deal with so much, with both the vendors and shoppers, I often wonder how they do it. We do not always know what they deal with. Last week we had a lost child, a car ran the street barrier, cranky vendor and that was just 3 issues. You could not give me the job! :) This is a market that sees upwards of 5,000-10,000 shoppers per night

Latest posts

Back