Bugs in my Shea Butter! YUK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
I kept noticing black spots in my soap batter' after picking a bigger piece out I realized it was a bug, so now I had to discover which butter it was? after close inspection after each butter & melted I realized it was my Shea Butter! needless to say I wont be buying my butter from that company again.

Ewwww! What company? I remember getting emails from ?someone? about they had a bunch of expired shea butter for AMAZINGLY cheap! I think it was Bulk Apothecary? Not sure. I had to pass...
Hello Deborah:
I've purchase my Raw Unrefined Shea Butter from ( Yellow Brick Road ) on amazon. Im glad it was only 1pound of Shea Butter.

Hello Deborah:
I've purchase my Raw Unrefined Shea Butter from ( Yellow Brick Road ) on amazon. Im glad it was only 1pound of Shea Butter.
Its not out of code' expires 12-15-2021.

I have had it happen quite often with unrefined shea. The shea I purchase comes from direct importers purchasing from villagers and you just never know what surprises you might find. The packaging is never too great either. I have even found chili peppers. When you pay 3.00-3.75 per lb with no shipping you learn to just strain it.

Latest posts

Back