Bug Spray Dilution?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
What would be the normal dilution of EOs for bug spray? I have a combo of oils that works really well, but now I'm thinking that I'm using waaaay too much EO per bottle.

Also, I want it to be safe for kids (which is why I made it in the first place!) so I want to make it with the least possible amount of EOs that are still effective. Did that even make sense?! :shock:

My oils are:
Eucalyptus
Rosemary
Citronella
Lemongrass

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks Digit for the link....it sort of answered my question. I was concerned because most aromatherapy books say "less is more" and use measurements in drops. I was using mL of the EOs and then started thinking to myself....hmmm, maybe less is more or is more more?! haha. :roll: I was a little worried about ODing my kids on bug spray!! Not good!

thanks!

Thanks again Digit...that blog is really informative! I just hate having to experiment with this idea of bug spray because me and my kids end up being the guinea pigs and the site of them with itchy red welts just kills me!! I was hoping for something (other than DEET of course) that would be a sure thing! I am going to try her idea of 2% dilution and see how that works out. I'm definitely making it more concentrated than that right now, so it'll save me money and hopefully make it a little safer on my little munchkins skin!

:D

Back