Budget-Friendly Scent Suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziesgirl

Reaction score
I just make soap to share with my family and for gift-giving. I like to add a nice scent to them, but so far I have used EO's that really jack up the cost of my soaps. I would love any suggestions for some more frugal scenting?

The only place I would recommend for lower cost fo's is http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/. Also check Wholesalesuppliesplus.com . They advertise free shipping after $40 but ship cost is figured into the price of each item. Compare price of fo with NG adding in shipping cost and see where you are. It is very seldom cost effective to purchase just 1 fragrance at a time due to ship cost. Soapsupplies.net has flat rate shipping of $7.95 and her fo's are a good price. Stay away from her Blue Bonnet, 1.5 yrs ago I tested it and it was lovely, so I finally got around to ordering 1lb make 12 lbs of soap with it and so far it had faded badly. Probably will not go up for sale :)

A couple weeks ago I soaped with Crafters Choice Orange Clove (low cost version) and it's fantastic. Smells great and was easy to work with. It's listed at $6.95 for 4 oz.

If you make an order with Nature's Garden as suggested by Carolyn (and I agree they are very reasonable), a favorite of mine from them is Brown Sugar & Fig. Smells just like the B&BW version and sticks well in CP.

I third Nature's Garden. I use several of their scents and like them a lot. Some of my favorites are Peach Magniloa Raspberry, Vanilla Champagne, Cracklin Birch, Perfect Man, Hummingbird, Love Spell, Mango Sorbet etc.

Look for reviews of fragrances that have a very strong scent, you may be able to use less of that particular fragrance and therefore be more cost effective.

Latest posts

Back