bubbly-vs-creamy in soapcalc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
ok all you soapcalc experts.

I'm toying with a recipie and I ran it through soapcalc and it had a
hardness 44
cleansing 17
condition 52
bubbly 31
creamy 41

my question is this, do you think that even though the creamy and bubbly are both quite high, that the creamy would overpower the bubbly, or would I get a nice stable yet bubbly lather, which is what I'm looking for?

Missjulesdid said:
ok all you soapcalc experts.

I'm toying with a recipie and I ran it through soapcalc and it had a
hardness 44
cleansing 17
condition 52
bubbly 31
creamy 41

my question is this, do you think that even though the creamy and bubbly are both quite high, that the creamy would overpower the bubbly, or would I get a nice stable yet bubbly lather, which is what I'm looking for?

I think it depends on the oils you used, & you didn't post those, so I can't really tell. :wink:

Missjulesdid said:
I'm no expert, rather I'm a newbie, and no, I think high numbers stand on their own. I'm surprised you don't have some castor in there. :)

Soapy, digging up all the old buried bones. ;) ;) ;)

I second that - let us know how it turns out. I really like the high lather count for both bubbly and creamy!

With those numbers, I'd expect you'll get a stable lather that is both creamy and bubbly.

Yeah, after reading my post, Sholdy said it better.

I can see I didn't read the thread carefully either. Castor is in the recipe, and that explains the high lathering numbers, particularly with 15%.

I agree with Sholdy that I too like a nice, noticeable lather, but it's funny... at the same time I like Castile even with its low lathering. You don't see much lather with Castile but your hands feel good, moist after washing, probably due to the superfatting (5% in my case).

I love Castor too - but too much will make a soft bar. You might want to take it back a smidge when it's all said and done. Great experiment though. :)

Lovehound said:
I agree with Sholdy that I too like a nice, noticeable lather, but it's funny... at the same time I like Castile even with its low lathering. You don't see much lather with Castile but your hands feel good, moist after washing, probably due to the superfatting (5% in my case).

Greg, how long do you wait before you try your soaps, particularly this Castile one?

Lovehound said:
Soapy, digging up all the old buried bones. ;) ;) ;)

I'm going back & reading all the old posts from before I was a member here, trying to learn. :)

No reason to apologize Soapy. I was just teasin' because I like teasin' the girls. :)

I test all my soaps immediately after unmolding. I tongue zap test them and they've always passed right out of mold. Then I try a runt bar.

I do cure my bars about 4 weeks... if there are any left by then. ;)

Keep diggin'. I'll learn something too. :)

Latest posts

Back