Bubbly inside

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
My 3rd batch looked quiet good early on but shows some white powdery area as it is near to cured date.I cut open a soap and show you here how the insides look.
I can tell by running it through a calculator now that there was a 100 gms less water than should have been for the 1500 grm recipe plus I had added 2tablespoons of macadamia honey to go with the macadamia nut oil that composed 500 gms of recipe.I also used 2 tbspns of my red clay to colour.What can anyone suggest.
Thankyou.

Starduster

I can't see pics here at work, but I have a question....did you insulate the soap? I'm thinking it may have overheated. Honey soaps tend to be touchy about that and do some weird things.

Well wrapped

Oh yes I did.Like any new mother,I wrapped those babies up so very well,too well it sounds.
Can I still use those soaps?
Can I find info elsewhere about putting photos on? :lol:
Thankyou

This is how I post photos -

Load your photos onto "flickr" - http://www.flickr.com/

Then click on the photo you want, click on 'all sizes' (just above photo).
Pick the size you want and then highlight the #2 option for the code and copy and paste it in the forum text box using the img tags on either side.

The #1 option doesn't seem to work.

Good luck.

What a beautiful creation. It almost looks like quartz. :) That being said, I think I would rebatch it. :cry:
Are you sure your oil/lye calculations were accurate? When did you add the honey? It's puzzling. :?:

Betwixt n between asthetics and basics

Thanks for the complement.Yes the artiste in me rushed ahead and did make some mistakes on lye and water in some first batches.I am going over all now. :shock: :shock: "Whispering dislexia"
I am not sure what rebatching will do with those marbleing colours but theres the challenge.
I feel like the wizards apprentice with this fun soapmaking thing.Colours, perfumes, clays ,molds ,so much to mix up and create with .
At least I am disiplinne enough to document my steps otherwise I would be in one big joyous mess.
Okay off to shift my first ever plain white batch.
Starduster :)

Latest posts

Back