Bubbles!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubblyGirl

Reaction score
I have been using the melt and pour method to make soaps with fairly good results but the one thing I'd like to improve is bubbliness. I use coconut oil which I'm told will lather up in sea water but also it can be harsh on the skin so I don't want to add too much. I mix it about 40/60 with sweet almond oil. Is there any advice out there as to how I can improve the lather and have more bubbles?

you say you've been doing melt and pour? are you starting to do cold process now? adding coconut oil to MP soap isn't going to make more bubbles, its the higher amount in CP that makes it bubblier.

some folks add sugar to make it bubblier...

I haven't yet tried cold process. I'm a bit daunted by it to be honest although I'm going to have to give it a go sometime as the results I'm sure are much better.

Notes: We do not recommend adding soapmaking oils & butters to mp soap as they will significantly decrease your lather, this was posted on a website where i used to get my base from so i always thought that was the rule.

some bases are better then others for lathering. sfic base is made up of vegetable oils mainly coconut oil , but there are others out there that ingredients are; ( Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Chloride).

while i do make some m&p soaps i can't use them they tend to dry my skin out. that is why i learned to make soap from scratch.

Back