Bubble Scoops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about bath melts?
I dislike all the oil melts leave in a tub, so will not make them. Plus the fact they melt in the summer, but thankyou for the recommendation

With the mention of Soap Queen's bubble bar recipe, I recommend not wasting ingredients trying to make her marshmallow soaps. It does not work well, she just has not figured out the trick to making them... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
they call me for them ALOT! - I have every moon cake size they make and also make Epsom salt cakes for the bath with my large moon cake press.

I was looking at the moon cake moulds yesterday, is there any particular size that is good ? I found some with bunnies :rolleyes:. I think the push moulds would be what I'd be looking at.

I was looking at the moon cake moulds yesterday, is there any particular size that is good ? I found some with bunnies :rolleyes:. I think the push moulds would be what I'd be looking at.

For the steamers I use the 50g size they are perfect for this application. Easy to use. Just make your mix and turn upside down and fill press down gently so you know its filled and then flip over onto parchment or whatever you want to use and press the plunger down and then lift up letting the steamer come out on its own. if not press the plunger.

Attachments

• steamers.JPG
    steamers.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 20
Get the press (with the plunger). My first set was 75 grams, and I still use it for salt cakes. I use the 50 gram size for bubble bars. 100 grams and up would also work for salt cakes or bath bombs. I like the smaller size for bubble bars because I can just use a whole one for a bath. But I have a pretty big tub too, so YMMV.

I bought a kit with 50 and 100 gr size. I didn't get to pick what design came on it.

I do BB with them but if the batter is not correct it crumbles. :( Other times it is great.
Fun to play with

What size of scoop are you using?

I have all 3 sizes from Pampered Chef - spendy things, but the cheap scoopers I was using weren't holding up to the amount of use I was giving them. The small size makes a perfect 1 oz scoop (1 bath in a regular tub, but my friends with jacuzzi jets gets 2), the big size makes a 4 oz scoop (4+ baths). The medium size was abducted from the soap lab and is being held hostage in the kitchen for cookie making, so I never got to try it to see how big the scoops are and how many baths I get out of them.

Right now I am keeping the small scoops stocked and only using the big scoop for custom orders. The small scoops seem to sell better, most people pick out one of each scent, or if they're buying for kids they will let each kid pick out their own. I have them priced at $2 each, so they seem more appealing than bath bombs which I have seen starting at $5 each, going up to $15. I do pick my fragrances carefully so that I'm not going broke selling them at that price point.

Sorry, I know this was more than you asked... I'm rambly today :D

I have all 3 sizes from Pampered Chef - spendy things, but the cheap scoopers I was using weren't holding up to the amount of use I was giving them. The small size makes a perfect 1 oz scoop (1 bath in a regular tub, but my friends with jacuzzi jets gets 2), the big size makes a 4 oz scoop (4+ baths). The medium size was abducted from the soap lab and is being held hostage in the kitchen for cookie making, so I never got to try it to see how big the scoops are and how many baths I get out of them.

Right now I am keeping the small scoops stocked and only using the big scoop for custom orders. The small scoops seem to sell better, most people pick out one of each scent, or if they're buying for kids they will let each kid pick out their own. I have them priced at $2 each, so they seem more appealing than bath bombs which I have seen starting at $5 each, going up to $15. I do pick my fragrances carefully so that I'm not going broke selling them at that price point.

Sorry, I know this was more than you asked... I'm rambly today :D

Might be rambly but I appreciate the information. You've anticipated some of my questions. Thanks!

I made two different batches today. Volcano with coco butter and Ice Pineapple with just a few grams of oil. Will see which I like better, I will say the first batch that has coco butter was much easier to scoop. They are fun to make! What I do wonder is why everyone seems to fragrance them so lightly? The two fragrances I used are rated at 5% for Category 9 which would or should include Bubble Scoops. I fragranced mine at 3.5% figured I would go a mid range. After-all they are used in a tub of water so become quite diluted

Here is a pic of the three different recipes for Bubble Bars I did today. Two have no oil so I will probably like them best. The 50g moon cakes bubble bars were fun to make and will probably make more. The mooncakes are actually a peach color and the fragrance is Apricot Freesia, pink ones are Volcano and the yellow ones are Iced Pineapple
20180618_195728[1].jpg

Here is a pic of the three different recipes for Bubble Bars I did today. Two have no oil so I will probably like them best. The 50g moon cakes bubble bars were fun to make and will probably make more. The mooncakes are actually a peach color and the fragrance is Apricot Freesia, pink ones are Volcano and the yellow ones are Iced Pineapple
View attachment 30788

Those turned out awesome!!!

Wish my scoops all had that cracky look on the top, some do, some have 1/2 smooth.
Course I am sure it is me.

Those look yummy !

When the mixture is more on the drier side it comes out crackly like that. When you make them if your first one is too smooth let it sit a few. Also it can be your scoop. Try a different one. I had that problem with an older one that was my moms.

has anyone tried the WSP bubble scoop recipe?
i may just buy the TWH recipe, my crafting time is so limited- its awful to get a bit of time and make a total flop of a recipe and then have to wait another week before i can try anything again

those are awesome @cmzaha the texture of the scoops looks perfect, the moon cakes are my fave

Holy crap that is a lot of bubbles !
Thanks! I am pretty pleased with that recipe with my tweak..... but now to make another tweak! It's super humid and rainy every single day now, so they got soft, even in a closed package! It seemed to affect the bubble factor once they got soft. Gonna try messing with the glycerin content, see if I can't get something to work that wont turn soft in this weather. If not then I will be making super small batches so I only have a couple at a time to use up.

I saw that recipe and did one close to it but more oils. Total flop.

With that much SLSA, are they really that Profitable to make ?

I saw that recipe and did one close to it but more oils. Total flop.

With that much SLSA, are they really that Profitable to make ?

Well, it ends up costing me approximately $0.51 per scoop. Granted that's not exactly cheap, it sure beats paying several dollars per scoop/bar plus shipping from say lush or etsy shops.

Latest posts

Back