Bubble Scoops crumbling

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

RKrynicki

Reaction score
I used the recipe from Nature's Garden and Candles to test making bubble scoops. Everything was measured exact and I followed every step. Once it came to scooping them, they fell apart once I released them from the scoop! I tried making the shape into a bubble bar instead, but they fell apart still. They're somewhat holding shape now, but what could I do to keep this from happening again?IMG_20200519_103915187.jpgIMG_20200519_103922671.jpg

amd

Reaction score
Add more glycerin. Your recipe is too dry. I find I have to adjust my recipe for the glycerin amount depending on weather conditions. If it's humid, not as much glycerin. If it's dry (such as winter months) then I use more glycerin. It usually doesn't take much, so I usually only increase/decrease by 5g at a time. You'll know you have the mix right when you can squeeze the mix in your hand and it stays together.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with @amd. The recipe I use has the glycerin amount as a range. All other ingredients are a set amount. The amount of glycerin needed will depend on your ambient humidity.