Bubble bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janzo

Reaction score
I have been trying to make bubble bars for the first time and am curious about the texture of the mixture. It seems a lot of people roll theirs and cut it like Swiss roll. However mine was about the same consistency of bath bombs so could not imagine getting that into any kind of roll! On one of the forums they talk about the 'dough', is this the texture I should be aiming for?

Hi janzo. The consistency of bubble bars is far different than that of bath bombs. Bath bombs is like wet sand, whereas bubble bars are literally like dough. It should be smooth and soft. Like shunt said, you may need to tweak your recipe because it's a balance between being too wet and being too dry, but both are correctable while making them. I love them, and once you find the right balance, you'll enjoy making them as well. My only safety recommendation would be to wear a mask when mixing dry ingredients, as the slsa is easily airborn and causes irritation to your airway. Once it's wet, you can remove your mask.have fun!

Latest posts

Back