BRV & More

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First picture is Black Raspberry Vanilla that I was going to enter in the contest Clyde Swirl Contest we had here but did not get the pic posted in time.

Second pic is Pineapple Cilantro that I controlled the colors except the green with the amount of my fo which was a discoloring fo.

Third is a Sculpted soap Peppermint & Spearmint that I did during a Soap
Collective class yesterday

BRV.jpg

Pineapple Cilantro.JPG

fdb2b90e-0be6-4984-8627-e15646f59d13_zpscnyn7b8j.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice. How does sculpted soap work? Do you have to pour in separate batches? Is it CP?
Yes and Yes. John, that does the Soap Collective had templates made in 3 levels. One level was poured then scraped, let it set up while making the next batch. The templates did not fit across my mold completely so one edge and scallop is off. You need an extra mold to put the scraped batter in. It was fun

Awesome job on the Clyde slide, I have feathering envy! Wish I had smell-o-vision for the pineapple cilantro bar :)
Clyde was poured at very light trace. My BRV is so well behaved it works well

I am totally in love with the Pineapple cilantro bar. I can send you a sample if you pm me your address. They are not quite cured out, will have to check the date. I am sure I still have it here somewhere but not sure where. Old age sucks :think:

I'm loving the soaps. What company sells BRV? I might want to try that when my b-day rolls in. I want to make batch on that day and you inspired me. Yes, I blame you for my wanting to soap. :p

I'm loving the soaps. What company sells BRV? I might want to try that when my b-day rolls in. I want to make batch on that day and you inspired me. Yes, I blame you for my wanting to soap. :p
I get my BRV from http://www.soapsupplies.net/fragrance2.html. It is sweet, but has been a consistent seller for me in the last 6 yrs and it It does not accelerate or discolor, which another reason I love it. I am very happy with most of her fo's and love the Pineapple Cilantro which does discolor to a light tan. Do not purchase the Blue Bonnet, I will post a review in the fo section

Last edited:
I get my BRV from http://www.soapsupplies.net/fragrance2.html. It is sweet, but has been a consistent seller for me in the last 6 yrs and it It does not accelerate or discolor, which another reason I love it. I am very happy with most of her fo's and love the Pineapple Cilantro which does discolor to a light tan. Do not purchase the Blue Bonnet, I will post a review in the fo section

Thank you, ma'am. Now to bring forth my scheme.:twisted:

The first one has a lot of great interesting colors, they all go very well together and I probably wouldn't have put them together myself

Back