Bruchetta's..The poor mans meal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
Bruchetta's

Pesto sauce
Sundried tomatoe pesto sauce
Or just plain sundried tomatoes
Fresh garlic cloves
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinagrette
your choice of cheese
fresh sliced mushrooms
black or green olives
salt & pepper to taste
chili peppers
Meats of your choice
Basil
oregano
cilantro
grilled onions
bell peppers

Just to give you an idea of what you can do with a bruchetta

Artisian Style Breads are best for this recipe.Makes some awesom panini's! French rolls,Ciabatta,Foccia Breads.Other breads such as Baguettes,sourdough bread,english muffins can be used as well.
The perfect toast should be a light golden look,Semi crunchy crust,with a nice soft center.It should never be too hard and crunchy that you can't bite into it.

Pre heat your panini grill

Select your favorite bread,slice them 1/2 inch thick

Place the slices on the panini grill.1 to 2 minutes,until they are crisp,and lightly browned.Turn them over and repeat.
Remove them to a cutting board. add your favorite combinations of toppings.

Herbed oil (Base)

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon chili peppers
1 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
dash of sea salt
fresh ground pepper

whisk in a small bowl set aside covered for later use.

Take a few toasted bruchettas,lightly brush on the herbed oil. Or rub a halved garlic clove.Top as you want.Bruchetta's can be placed back on the panini grill to warm up,or melt the cheese toppings.

i could live off of bruschetta....i love this stuff especially when you grow the basil on the porch!

IanT said:
i could live off of bruschetta....i love this stuff especially when you grow the basil on the porch!

I know I could :)

I don't eat much,but when I do,I like flavor.

You never get the same thing twice with those.

Classy lil things aren't they?

Munky.

mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm :).... i think i have to make some soon now lol... feeling a good italian mean :)

Tabitha said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

That's been confirmed here.Looks like a po' mans dinner here tonight.

Funny how the men in my house can't give a definite decision on what they want for dinner when asked, until I threaten to make meatloaf again! :lol:

I did see some frozen in a box,they were asking $6.00 for 12. Nooooo not frozen!!.. Now that's just not right.

But paninis,and bruchetta's are extremely popular now.

I think we can make more, at half the cost and know where our dinner came from,and be safe.

Munky.

paninis are the shiiiiiiiiiiznickity :)....

try these:

spicy buffalo: spicy buffalo chicken, gorgonzola cheese, cherry toms chopped, cheddar cheese, and buffalo sauce.

turkey Pesto: sliced turkey, marinated mozzerella balls, sun dried toms, home made pesto

turk portabello: sliced turkey, marinated grilled portabello mushrooms, gorg cheese

chipotle chicken:

chipotle mayo, grilled marinated chicken breast, sliced green peppers, cheddar or jack cheese...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this recipe will have you singing "Con Te Partido"

Back