Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cute little orange slices in M&P by Hazel Bright

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.08.11 PM.png

Hey @daisy2000, this thread is for non-members' soaps, to look at for pleasure. We ask that members post their own pics in our Photos section of the forum, where they will get more oohs and aahs from everyone here. Thanks!

Wasn't sure if this is ok for here.. If not, point me to where it should be instead and I'll replace this.
IMG_20190819_092632.jpg

Coz I just love love looking at the clean lines of rows n rows of soap. The right most shelf is what my rows would look like haha but 20% of it only lol

I luuuuv the books.. thats genius.
How did u make those? Was it a cp orp?
Sharee, this thread is for posting other people's soaps that we find attractive from online somewhere. The maker of the book soaps Ani Mertens and her Instagram link is at the top of that post. You could ask her if your are also on Instagram. But her first language is not English, so not sure if you will be able to communicate with her effectively. She also has a blog, but the Google translator feature doesn't do it justice as far as I can tell (I don't speak German other than a few random words.)

Last edited:
I have that book mold.
Ah! That would explain some of the breaking around the covers. I wonder how easy it would be to reproduce with soap dough and a bar of soap? Maybe drag a fork/fine comb through the top of the bar to create the pages look and wrap in soap dough to create the book binding. You'd only have the pages on one side instead of three, unless you could create a mold liner for the sides, but would work I think. Sigh. Adding this to my list.

Edit: or one could add the page lines to all three sides immediately after unmolding when the soap is still set but soft. Yeah, I think that's what I would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! That would explain some of the breaking around the covers. I wonder how easy it would be to reproduce with soap dough and a bar of soap? Maybe drag a fork/fine comb through the top of the bar to create the pages look and wrap in soap dough to create the book binding. You'd only have the pages on one side instead of three, unless you could create a mold liner for the sides, but would work I think. Sigh. Adding this to my list.

Edit: or one could add the page lines to all three sides immediately after unmolding when the soap is still set but soft. Yeah, I think that's what I would do.
Great idea!

Hi,
How did you get the swirl so large? Very nice.
Hi Sally! We post other people's soaps that we see online, for inspiration mostly, in this thread. I'm sure newbie knows how it's done lol but that isn't her soap.

I believe that's some variation of what they call a secret feather swirl? There's lots of videos if you search on YouTube. Tree Marie soapworks, the owner of that soap has one, but not of this particular soap of hers as far as I can tell. There is a FB post though.

Back