Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still needing some color!

FYI, there are still a few spots open for the Fragrance Blend Swap. Look at the swap section if you are interested.

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 1.18.37 PM.jpg

Long weekend ahead!

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.05.18 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 6.34.51 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.16.26 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow wow wow I love the top one! I've tried it, it's tough, that's beautiful.
I think they might have done a really fine mica sprinkle on each layer.

I think you're right about the mica. This soap should be called Smoky Mountains Dreamin'....but maybe that's just because that's what I'm doing these days---dreaming of my annual camping getaway there.:shh:

I read fraulein winter's description of how she made that soap and apparently she dropped soap in from a height to create the droplets. I have been meaning to give it a try. I think the batter would have to be just the right consistency for the soap to drop in but still hold that shape.

Some of these people are artists. They practice until they make it perfect. I guess it's always going to be a bit of an accident as you can't be 100% sure how it comes out. But the detail certainly isn't an accident.

That's actually more of a rhetorical question. There's obviously a lot of skill showing there - not the least of which is that the soap looks like the equivalent of a good soup where you toss in your leftovers, but carefully select the spices and herbs that accentuate them and "show off" the ingredients.

I read fraulein winter's description of how she made that soap and apparently she dropped soap in from a height to create the droplets. I have been meaning to give it a try. I think the batter would have to be just the right consistency for the soap to drop in but still hold that shape.

I saw this on some thread quite awhile ago. He/she used a funnel with a long tubing attached started from the bottom color and ran the funnel with tubing horizonitally across the loaf. I think a finger was used in the crescent of the funnel to stop the flow of the batter.

I saw this on some thread quite awhile ago. He/she used a funnel with a long tubing attached started from the bottom color and ran the funnel with tubing horizonitally across the loaf. I think a finger was used in the crescent of the funnel to stop the flow of the batter.

But how would that get the droplet effect?

Latest posts

Back