Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays' pic

Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 12.43.31 AM.jpg

Navigator9, I'm in love with that soap! It is the beach

Isn't it though? Perfect white caps on top of waves.

how did they do that gorgeous top? I guess that soaper really knows when to put down the skewer and walk away.

(Sigh) Yes, that's something that's hard to do. I speak with the voice of experience. :)

I have challenged myself to keep it going with no repeats for as long as I can! Its getting more difficult though when I look because lots of people pin the same soaps. However, given how many soapers there are out there, there should be enough to go forever, if people just post pictures. It's digging out new makers/non-sellers that is difficult. And since we have a photo gallery here, I can't use forum members' soaps (I did once though). At least, those are my personal rules- makes it more of a challenge.

So soft and gentle!

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 4.34.44 AM.png

I'm not certain but I feel like soapqueen did a riff on one of the soaps I sent in for a swap. My soap is the middle bar- the one I named Sahara Sunset, and this is one of theirs, named Sahara Sunset. !

Also, another fantabulous soap picture, which reminds me of CaraBou's recent black and white that I love.

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.15.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.11.46 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 8.12.30 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys, check this out...

soapqueen's soap doesn't just look like newbie's Sahara Sunset; it looks an awful lot like a hybrid between that and her (newbie's) Savannah Sunset, which she also submitted for a bb swap. Here's the other one, which newbie posted more than 2 years ago at http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=35791

Am I right, or what?? So many of us try knock-offs, but as far as I know not too many of us are the original being copied!

Sunset Savannah.jpg

Def. a riff. I love the colors, and embed, Newb. I had never seen yours before this, but had come across the SQ one somewhere (pinterest?) and had/have it bookmarked, somewhere, as one that *I* wanted to riff off of, see what you started?

So funny. I just made a blogpost a few minutes ago about copying other people's soap because I made two batches tonight trying to copy CaraBou's glorious black and white soap, but with a slight twist. I know some people take offense when someone copies another, but if you take it and add your own little spin, which you almost certainly will have to do since exact replica's are nearly impossible, I think it can be a good way to learn.

It took me a second to realize the person had embedded a cupcake! What a great idea, and they did it really well, with the topping matching the inside colors.

I can't put my finger on just why this bar caught my eye. It's a simple soap but I think the way the stamp slightly squished the bar gives it this cool rustic feeling.

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 4.27.15 AM.jpg

It's not rustic, it's medieval! I swear I can feel the dragon's breath!

You must be high newbie, the swirls aren't that great in my sucky-stamp soap. But bring on the riffs, I wanna see how it should be done!

Latest posts

Back