Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that was you? Haha. :mrgreen:

Funny how everybody is all over this picture. But yeah, we've pretty much never seen something like that before.

Yep! Can't believe my post was taken down!!

If I remember rightly this Anna had a website listed as www.annasoaps.co.kr - apologies if I'm not supposed to post web addresses

I've checked out this site but it's just supplies?

Very lovely.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 1.32.21 PM.jpg

Yep! Can't believe my post was taken down!!

If I remember rightly this Anna had a website listed as www.annasoaps.co.kr - apologies if I'm not supposed to post web addresses

I've checked out this site but it's just supplies?

I know. I checked it out as well. Couldn't find anything. Can't find the picture online as well. Luckily I copied it myself as well. :)

But it's crazy. You don't post something like that if you don't want the compliments/questions about it.

My cousin sent this to me on Facebook. I had to post it. Did any of you make this cake? Is anyone here from The Enchanted Bath? I am so flippin' jealous! This is amazing. Y'alls soaps are truly works of art. I was not planning on ever using colors or fragrances, but after looking at the photos posted, I'm going to have to try it.

image.jpg

That Wikipedia page was deleted! However, I will go look up what hydrographics is to see what you mean. Ah yes, I have seen this process and it's really amazing. It says you can do it to anything that can be dipped in water but the item has to be prepped with certain chemicals to take the wrap. Would it work with soap? Interesting theory!! I still am turning it over in my head trying to think of how you could do this for real though.

Thought I'd add a couple others for today. I like how these use the texture as colorant.

Screen shot 2015-02-13 at 11.04.23 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.50.31 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Has it been suggested that she started with a regular ol' white soap and painted on the brown lines? Possibly with mica or coca, but could be a magic marker if the soap was neutral enough?

I'm going to try my idea of the fishnet design tonight and I'll keep you guys updated to see if it works, no matter the results I'll share my process when I'm done.

My brain hurts from trying to figure this out. I keep thinking embeds, but I can't figure if it's sticks or smaller pieces because of the way it wraps around the soap. And if they're sticks they'd fall over, and if they're smaller pieces, they'd float around and not stay perfectly spaced like that. I'm sure someone here is smart enough to figure it out. I'm sure that someone isn't me! lol But please hurry so I can stop thinking about it!!!

Okay Wyred! I tried a couple things with no success so we should post our tries, for laughs if nothing else. I tried two squeeze bottle techniques and it's not that because the soap comes out round, not oblong, and I have en embed soap waiting to harden but I didn't try oblong shapes.

For today:

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 3.14.29 AM.jpg

I think Hydrographics is the best guess so far. I was looking at hydrgraphic images and I think if you can do it to your own hand then it would be feasible that you could do it with soap. However if someone was going to do that with soap they could do a much more elaborate design than fishnet. Then again fishnet is just enough to keep us all guessing.https://youtu.be/2vSbeKZu1Vwimages (4) hydro.jpg

Gotcha newbie, what I have in mind is a little labor intensive but we will see!!! I'll post pics of the "product" tomorrow night.

Looking forward to seeing your attempts. The original poster said it was just down to the pour but I'm not convinced that's true

Back