Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about this post for days now. :p
It's a beautiful and very interested design. I might just give it a go to see how it turns out. I HAVE to know!

What I'm personally thinking:
White dollops (squeeze bottle) on a thin layer of brown (I don't see a purple in there), waiting to set a bit, carefully lay a thin layer of brown again, dollops etc. etc. Very time consuming but that's what I think.
I also don't think there are embeds involved. I assume because the brown/purple lines in there are too consistent. You can't fit an embed in there that's a perfect fit right? If you look on the side the brown/purple layer is a bit thicker, which makes sense because you can't see the white anymore when you pour a new layer. So you wouldn't know for sure, only by sense.

The embeds would have to be small chunks, because the pattern is an top and sides of the bar. It can't be a long embed, more like spheres or small 3D ovoids (is that a word?) and the shapes don't look at all cut. It's driving me mad! I tried the squeeze bottle but I keep getting rounds, not the oval-type shape.

You post pictures of your tries in the photo section, Sonya, and I'll post mine. Mine are not even in the same universe as that soap!

Sorry, Navigator. Already posted but I posted a pic of this in the mold and you have a cut bar. Page 30. ;)

Last edited:
I think that it is done with embeds using a fish scale pattern. Look at the soap in the back. If you layer a scalloped fish scale shaped soap with the dark soap in between each scale, it will probably look as in the picture. I think it was done in a slab mold layer by layer and then the tops/ bottom were cut away. This would give a "clean" non- embed look because none of the sharp corners would show.

Well I reposted the pic on FB (before I knew the poster had removed it) just to ask people to help me find the original post but that's been taken down now!!

Could she have lined the mould with either a fishnet texture mat or some actual fishnet. Filled with white soap, then unmoulded and filled in the gaps with the dark soap and planed to a smooth finish?

All of my theories on how the fishnet soap is made fall apart when I look at how the design wraps around the soap. I think magic is involved.

The white part are 3D. It's not filling in gaps, I don't think. If you put the bars together in your head, the white parts have to be individual and oblong in shape or kind of diamond shape and almost as tall as they are wide and they have to fit together so that there is a even gap all the way around it, between one and the other. I didn't get that the way I squeeze bottled things in when I did that. The top layer squished the bottom layers and what comes out of the squeeze bottle is round, not oblong. Still perplexing.

Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 2.52.10 PM.jpg

Maybe she cut long lengths of white embeds and rolled/squashed them to get the oval shape. Then placed the bottom layer in the mould, and poured over some brown. You'd probably need to have markings on either end of the mould to make sure the embeds were straight and perfectly positioned. If you left the top bit of the white cylinders showing so you could see where to place the next layer and then pour the brown over again and so on. The top looks like smaller slices cut off the White embeds and laid like fish scales on top.

I'm itching to give this a go but I've never done anything so complicated. It's a real beauty of a soap.

It is a mystery!!

The long embeds doesn't explain how it's the same on all sides

Can someone please figure it out!!

It is a mystery!!

The long embeds doesn't explain how it's the same on all sides

Can someone please figure it out!!

Yeah, that's what I can't figure out. I was thinking the embeds were longish sticks, cut in that kind of diamond shape and placed standing up in the soap mold, and then the darker soap poured into the mold. But even if you could get them all to stay standing up, that doesn't explain how the pattern wraps around the side!!! I didn't actually see it on FB, because it had already been taken down, but I did look at the website (although the pic isn't there, either), and I'm curious, because most all of the soaps on the site are pretty minimalist, not a lot of swirls or embeds or fancy stuff, kind of like my soaps, actually. And then there's this very sophisticated technique. It seems out of place. Or is it just me?

Yeah, that's what I can't figure out. I was thinking the embeds were longish sticks, cut in that kind of diamond shape and placed standing up in the soap mold, and then the darker soap poured into the mold. But even if you could get them all to stay standing up, that doesn't explain how the pattern wraps around the side!!! I didn't actually see it on FB, because it had already been taken down, but I did look at the website (although the pic isn't there, either), and I'm curious, because most all of the soaps on the site are pretty minimalist, not a lot of swirls or embeds or fancy stuff, kind of like my soaps, actually. And then there's this very sophisticated technique. It seems out of place. Or is it just me?

If someone can find and buy a bar (if she sells) then you might be able to figure it out.

Until then I claim photoshop.

If someone can find and buy a bar (if she sells) then you might be able to figure it out.

Until then I claim photoshop.

Funny you should say that, my husband said today he thinks the reason for getting so upset about people asking is exactly that!

I was wondering about the site, if I had found the correct one because every soap is pretty simple, but this one is way way off the charts, particularly compared to the others. Also the fishnet bar is trimmed and all cleaned up but her other soaps do't appear to be so dolled up for sale. It's so out of place that I was wondering if it was really hers or if she used a picture she found as part of her site. The bar may or may not be photoshopped, but I have a strong suspicion that it is not Anna's. ALso noting the photography does not look like her usual either.

Last edited:
Well I reposted the pic on FB (before I knew the poster had removed it) just to ask people to help me find the original post but that's been taken down now!!

Oh, that was you? Haha. :mrgreen:
Funny how everybody is all over this picture. But yeah, we've pretty much never seen something like that before.

Latest posts

Back