Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just browsing soap pictures and thought I would post a few of my favorites. There are some very talented soapers in Germany! A couple were pinned from their equivalent (it appeared) of this forum but I couldn't find who made them. Another came from someone's blog, "Kicking Dirt's A@@ one day at a time". She makes some great designs on her top layer. I have also learned that butterfly swirls are just not in my repertoire.

The one was pinned as a soap but is actually glass. However, if someone could make that from M&P, they'd be famous!!!! I love it.

Screen shot 2014-12-27 at 7.01.14 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-12-27 at 7.06.38 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-12-27 at 7.16.26 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-12-27 at 7.24.10 PM.jpg

Oh WOW! That moonscape one is fantastic!!!! Off I go to look some more.

CaraBou, can you post the link to that soap? I can't find it. I can't blow up your picture to see more detail and I can't find the pin!

Do you think that person just got that out of a batch? The soap next to it doesn't look like a landscape or even an attempt at one. Can you imagine cutting and finding that when you didn't intend it? I'd wet my pants. And what if she had cut differently and that was hidden and you never saw it? That would be a tragedy.

Last edited:
The original post is at http://camamusoap.com/products/black-beauty-soap

I suspect it was a one hit wonder, based on the other bars posted there. But even so, it's flippin' cool, and yes, I'd be like a puppy on paper too!

Are you going to try to soap that glass art for your showcase swap? C'mon, you can do it! I love that top piece with the eye staring at you - it reminds me of an octopus!

OMG Newbie I can see an eye in the second to the last soap! They are all beautiful, I can't imagine making something like that, for now I am happy with a few colors, I keep doing drop swirls and spoon swirls. There are some very talented people making soap.

I am switching from Youtube to Pinterest...much better results!

Oh, there's room for both addictions. But you can view pics a lot faster, and with no stickblending noise to annoy you :p

Lots of people have soap boards on pinterest, so it can be pretty entertaining. Plus, you can install a web browser extension so that you can easily pin photos that you find outside of pinterest. I want to be better about pinning the original photos/posts so that the soapmaker gets credit for their own work, but I must admit it is much easier to re-pin items that someone else already pinned (i.e., not their soap).

Exactly... I was getting a little tired of the stick blending on Youtube. And goodness yes I love cutting pics but I can't believe how many videos are JUST of cutting. I want to see you make it first!

I think I might be in the wrong state of mind for soaping tonight.

I saw that eye and I love it. I may have to ferret that person out and buy a piece of their glass just because it's cool. I tried to count how many lines you'd have to pour to make a soap like the glass art and it's......a lot. At least 20, I think, fewer if you used mica in oil for some of the shading between lines. It would be so flat and 2D though compared to the glass. I don't know if I could make the leap. In M&P though, it would be so cool.

I love both the soaps you posted TViv. The top one looks all M&P. Getting that kind of shading and light effect and the sheen from the micas...that would be the draw of M&P for me. The second one- what delicate lines. Really beautiful.

I thought of trying to recreate that orange and white one with CP and only use M&P for the clear un-colored lines.

I thought of trying to recreate that orange and white one with CP and only use M&P for the clear un-colored lines.

I had that same thought TViv. No reason why it can't be done!

I saw that eye and I love it. I may have to ferret that person out and buy a piece of their glass just because it's cool. I tried to count how many lines you'd have to pour to make a soap like the glass art and it's......a lot. At least 20, I think, fewer if you used mica in oil for some of the shading between lines. It would be so flat and 2D though compared to the glass. I don't know if I could make the leap. In M&P though, it would be so cool.

After seeing your blue flame video, I know you can work with 20 lines. And I disagree that it wouldn't look good in cp. You just need some of TViv's attitude. C'mon, try it, please??

TVivian, here's a different slant on a stacked soap, also kinda cool. Obtained from Soap Is Beautiful at http://www.soapisbeautiful.com/archives/2959036898

soaperworker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A post for me! I have a Pinterest board with 750 pins on it and counting ... no recipes or liquid soap or MP pins, just pure pretty soap photos ...

Here are some of today's favorites:
Goji Berry natural colorant soap by Naturelle
dsc02297.jpg

Bird of Paradise soap by layla on Etsy:
il_570xN.686948876_qepy.jpg

WHY in the name of all that's holy do I let you bait me, Carabou? I have learned the hard way that glass and soap are not equivalents at all, although one can inspire the other, surely, but to reproduce what you can do in glass...well, that is annoyingly difficult. I kind of hate you, Cara, and I kind of hate myself for letting myself follow you down the primrose trail. Bah!

;)

Back