Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^

yup!

and another thing i like about Omar, he almost always share his techniques, even step by step. like this one here.... he graciously shared a step by step picture tutorial:

P6195409+R+800+px+blog.jpg

valentine is coming, i so so want to make a soap like the above. there is even a clear tutorial on how to make it. the question is: can i? LOL! tried soap carving once, ugh it was so **** hard. Omar made it looked so easy with his string carver whatever tool. in reality: not so :D

click if you are brave enough to try :p

Last edited:
I love looking at these pics but they also make me feel so not-worthy. I would be embarrassed to put a pic of my soaps next to these.
Those soaps are mocking me! lol

I love looking at these pics but they also make me feel so not-worthy. I would be embarrassed to put a pic of my soaps next to these.
Those soaps are mocking me! lol

That's how I feel too. It makes me feel incompetent but I still love to look at those pictures.

Now, this we can relate to. You know someone would have been bummed about the crackle but this is a great example of how it can work for you. I think it looks great, antiqued and cool.

It takes a lot of practice to get good at this. And it's fun to see others' ideas and especially ones you can put your own twist on.

Screen shot 2015-01-18 at 10.19.34 PM.png

I love this one. I dont know how to make it though :D

I'm trying to figure that out too; 6 separate color in the pot swirls, with the dark layer applied first...then maybe two colors poured at the same time to make the wave? That's the best I've come up with so far, and I know it's not correct because the in the pot swirls don't come out so U shaped.

Looks like 3 colors layered then hanger swirled down only. There are a few spots where they raised the hanger but for the most part down through the bottom and up the side.

I wonder if the glycerin rivers were intentional or if they did them by accident - and if on purpose how they achieved it.

I'm trying to figure that out too; 6 separate color in the pot swirls, with the dark layer applied first...then maybe two colors poured at the same time to make the wave? That's the best I've come up with so far, and I know it's not correct because the in the pot swirls don't come out so U shaped.

i seriously have no idea, lol... my ITP never came out that lovely. i'm thinking some kind of light hanger swirls involved? there is no way that half S shape was created just by pouring. or maybe i am missing a technique here? geez dunno, lol...

i seriously have no idea, lol... my ITP never came out that lovely. i'm thinking some kind of light hanger swirls involved? there is no way that half S shape was created just by pouring. or maybe i am missing a technique here? geez dunno, lol...

Well, I do think that the soap was made with quite a bit of luck....that wave
in the center I thought was made by having two columns of soap poured at the same time into the darkest color.

I didn't think about a hanger swirl....going to have to take another long, hard look...!

Back