Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the video section? Can't seem to find it.

Terry

When you sign up for the soap challenge on the great cakes soapworks page, you get an email with special access to the video tutorials. If you choose to not enter the contest, after the contest ends, you can pay a small fee, I believe, and get the tutorial for reference.
If you signed up for the contest and can't access the video, contact Amy and she can help you out.

Jules, if you find the maker, let me know. Google didn't find the image anywhere other than on pinterest but that doesn't mean it isn't someplace else.

Today's pic. The brown and white swirls look like they have to be CP. I have not seen an M&P soap swirled like that, but maybe it can be. Pretty ingenious!

Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 9.14.48 PM.png

I've seen lots of handmade in Floridas soaps on YouTube. So beautiful! Wow! Amazing talent.
I'm a bit jaded on Pinterest, because I've found that many pics are photoshopped. Why anyone would do that I don't know. It's like cheating on a test. No personal satisfaction that I can imagine. Sometimes, it's the imperfection that makes things beautiful. That's what I tell myself anyway.

I saw a picture someone had photoshopped but it was badly done. I think everything I posted is legit, or at least it looks like it.

Tomorrow's soap today, in case I don't get a chance to post it.

Oh, that luscious deep red color....I want it. I wonder if it bleeds and if not, where in the world did they get it? Anyone have something like it?

Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 9.13.55 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That skull is cool, but the teeth freak me out. I don't think I would want to encounter that staring back at me in the middle of the night with his non-eyes. Eek!

Those tiles are adorable though.

Tomorrow's soap today, in case I don't get a chance to post it.

Oh, that luscious deep red color....I want it. I wonder if it bleeds and if not, where in the world did they get it? Anyone have something like it?

merlot mica from BB is similar but a bit more red. I bet adding a little blue would produce that nice burgundy.

My merlot mica from bb doesn't soap anywhere close to that! It, in high amounts, soaps out mauvy pink. Can you get it that dark, because I'd love to know how much you add to do it!
Side note, when I got it it had moisture in it, and the texture was obviously off for mica. Yet another problem I've had from them, unfortunately.

Love that deep color! It's similar to the deep red one but with more purple/blue to it.

This is interesting. It's a single peacock. The top one looks like it could have been poured into the top of the mold but the bottom one and the way it trails up... swirled that way?

Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 9.16.21 PM.jpg

Another unusual but interesting way to look for color combos that work and patterns.

Omar IS my soap GOD! he is soooooo very talented my jaw always dropped every time i browsed his soap blog! i can't get enough of his stamps, i just want them all :D

Latest posts

Back