Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie, I think I have a clearer understanding of what you had invested in this soap, and I wouldn't be able to lay out or even plan 17 colors. I am always in awe when I see your soap, and I think that I really didn't understand how much work goes into each one.

I don't even have space in my house to lay out 17 colors! Not to mention the skill, stamina or patience. Kudos!

Small dixie cups is the key, the 3 ouncers. I almost always make a 28 ounces of oils batch so I don't need massive bowls for each color. You can fit a LOT of 3 ounce Dixies on a counter!!!

Here are a few bars I just love... I just realized I must be in the mood for spring.

Handmade in Florida - her butterfly swirls are amazing!
IMG_3097.jpg

Newt & Fig - love the simplicity and clarity of the colors
1666160_orig.jpg

Punkthandwerk - it's in German and I have no idea about them other than their soap is lovely! Google translated this as Noble Goat!
EdelziegeinBlau.jpg

Soaps and Fantasies (french) - I love how elegant this one is...
ondes_15.jpg

I'm not convinced the google translation is correct on the german one. Handwerk I'm sure must mean hand made. I have to find out what Punkt means.

Zahida's soap makes me want to eat it. A very dab hand at colors and designs, for sure. I ADORE the last one!!!! Like raindrops hitting the pavement or a pond or a topographical map (i have a secret love of maps). I love the fine blue rings and how even they are. Looks simple (but probably not to make) and stunning.

Dixie cups are the best. I use 3, 5 and 9 ouncers. They aren't good for holding oil for days but for mixing and pouring various amounts of soap, they are so easy and you can squeeze the rim to make a spout to direct the soap. Once you're done, you can stack them and throw them away. That's not ideal necessarily but compared with washing numerous small batter-covered containers, it's is probably the more environmentally friendly option.

Last edited:
Love the stone soap and the packaging really caught my eye in the second picture. Third picture made me think of you, TVivian. Your embeds look just as creamy and delicious, if not more so. I left the names in because I knew I'd forget them as they are in German and the middle one, the labeling is from schoenenseife.de

And I found out Punkt can mean dot, as in dot com, period, the end, etc...

Screen shot 2015-01-08 at 8.43.30 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2015-01-08 at 8.46.59 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-01-08 at 8.50.53 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how many goes she had to make that perfect butterfly though? I bet there are a lots of not quite perfect identical logs she made before achieving that exact pattern.

Newbie, thanks for the heads-up on the German! I love those soaps you posted, but especially love the packaging! I would buy what I'm guessing is a protein shampoo (purple and red) just because I dig the illustration.

Oh, no doubt it took a number of goes to get a good butterfly like that, or she got a good one soon in. It's very difficult to reproduce because of the drop swirl; who pours the same way twice? and you'd have to do the same pattern of hanger swirling each time and it takes a number of times to produce the muscle memory to do so. Still, it's very pretty. I also see the soap that's slightly blurred in the background would not make as good a butterfly because the colors don't come to the edge of the bar as they do in the butterfly pictured. Without the color at the edge, it looks kind of disconnected.

The upper left soap is a cucumber facial soap, the upper right is a patchouli soap (that one is pretty easy to get), the lower ones are shampoo bars.

Last edited:
I swear this one is someone here. I feel like I have seen it on the forum before. Or I have just been browsing soaps too long now and they are blending together...

Its truly a gorgeous soap and I agree, it looks just like wisteria.

Back