Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to amp up the inspiration. Here’s one made with some of the natural colorants we’ve been posting about lately. The maker also posted an IGTV video showing the annatto and paprika infused oils being added to the batter and then the pour.

View attachment 43619

Here’s the link to the video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B73oTtGHIR2/?igshid=xmhb6mphgnqc

I’m surprised by the small amount of infusion used to get the great color in the soap.
Where are the ingredients listed? what is the green powder used? Looks like mica?
Love the tops of her soaps. Fabulous.

Last edited:
Where are the ingredients listed? what is the green powder used? Looks like mica?
Love the tops of her soaps. Fabulous.
I think the powder she is using is indigo or something like that not charcoal. The second layer poured was plain soap batter but the finished soap is showing green and blues from bleeding.

Shieh Design Studio:

Shieh Design Studio:

Attachments

• Shieh Design Studio1.PNG
    Shieh Design Studio1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • Emily Shieh.jpg
    Emily Shieh.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least that's a start. Thanks for your input!
I agree about the clam shell pour, which basically means pouring layered soap from a funnel pitcher in a particular pattern. The other one looks like a pipe divider swirl where the pipes were concentrated on one side of the slab mold, or possibly the soap was just poured as if it was a pipe divider swirl, but out the pipes.

I agree about the clam shell pour, which basically means pouring layered soap from a funnel pitcher in a particular pattern. The other one looks like a pipe divider swirl where the pipes were concentrated on one side of the slab mold, or possibly the soap was just poured as if it was a pipe divider swirl, but out the pipes.
Thanks, @Mobjack Bay !!

Latest posts

Back