Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think soap dough or softer soap?
I've had good luck with some MP columns in soap. I found Crafters Choice GM base to be soft enough for my wire cutter to go through and doesn't sweat. Looking at the mica colors in the embeds, I would guess using some kind of MP. I haven't seen mica hold that much shimmer in a CP/soap dough. Do a quick search for the maker on YT, maybe they have a channel.

Do you think soap dough or softer soap?

I'd bet on soap dough. Once you have the dough, you could maybe knead mica into it and give it a glimmer. I've got a bar I have been wanting to make for a few weeks now that is going to need a lot of extrusions. I'm either going to buy a clay or fondant extruder or make one out of PVC and a caulking gun.

From https://instagram.com/vivsoaps
_20191203_193322.JPG

Dawni, I have Madsoaper on IG too! She is so talented and hard to believe she is a first year soaper!
Some people just have it lol

Also, I think you gotta be one of those who likes these kind of soaps.... I like looking but I wouldn't personally wanna make em.

But I agree, her soaps are very nice to look at. Most. Some, for me, are a tad excessive, but to each his/her own, yes?

Some people just have it lol

Also, I think you gotta be one of those who likes these kind of soaps.... I like looking but I wouldn't personally wanna make em.

But I agree, her soaps are very nice to look at. Most. Some, for me, are a tad excessive, but to each his/her own, yes?

Absolutely! They are beautiful to look at. Don't wanna make them lol. Too fussy for me, bless all those talented people who can pipe, I cannot! I just love seeing what she makes.

Thank you SoapWitch, I have the fondant extruder but have not tried that soap yet. I haven't made soap for several weeks, feeling rather uninspired. Hopefully I'll get that inspiration back soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to amp up the inspiration. Here’s one made with some of the natural colorants we’ve been posting about lately. The maker also posted an IGTV video showing the annatto and paprika infused oils being added to the batter and then the pour.

6B6C6E83-A57F-459B-807A-22525ABC91B9.jpeg

Here’s the link to the video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B73oTtGHIR2/?igshid=xmhb6mphgnqc

I’m surprised by the small amount of infusion used to get the great color in the soap.

Back