Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This post of mine was inspired by that soap but I had no individual molds so I used a loaf. Came fairly cheap here, where everything else is expensive lol. Are they expensive for you from Amazon? They have those suppliers from China that make em cheap. I noticed thinner silicone, but it works.

Now this is a mold I wish I can find here..
View attachment 37843
I found it on Amazon--leaf square nature handmade silicon mold by Williamhouse...

I should just probably state whose soap I'm posting instead of just including it in the pic lol

Soap by the lady who owns www.seifenbar.blogspot.com. Pic from her Instagram account.
View attachment 37860

She used the Intaglio method, how cool! They are really pretty. She calls it "Schnitz", we call it Intaglio. But soap carving all the same. I like the colorful bits under the white.

I am not Jeboz, but I don't see how a dehumidifier would work well with a swamp cooler. Swamp coolers are water based. Dehumidifiers pull air out of the air. So they would be competing with each other and you would be using even more water to refill the swamp cooler.

Our central AC systems pulls water out of the air and spits it down a drain. We also have a separate dehumidifier that does the same thing that we use when the humidity rises due to heavy rains (we use it a lot when the basement gets wet during the rainy seasons or now, when the snow melt saturates our ground.) It helps pull the moisture out of the air and the basement dries out faster. A large fan also helps dry out the air faster, too.

Don't you live in a hot dry climate? As I recall, Tuscon isn't very humid, but the climate is changing, so that could be changing as well, and I am not as aware since I missed Spring Training the last two years. If it's more about the added humidity from the swamp cooler, that you're worried about, why not move your soaps to another room where a swamp cooler is not in use, and just use a fan in that room? I run a fan in the room I cure my soaps, as our AC doesn't reach our top floor very well. I guess our forced air fans aren't as powerful as they would need to be to get the cooler air up there. But a fan moves the air around and it seems to help with drying up some of the humidity as well.

I don't use it with an ac, I only use the ac in extreme weather (to save electricity and therefore money) - I have been using the dehumidifier alone in the room with my soap. Spending money on my soap and not me :rolleyes:

upload_2019-3-29_14-5-44.png
http://soapworkerusa.pixnet.net
Does anyone know how to make circles in soap other than soap dough?
I have a mold for spheres but it makes one side a bit flat and of course they are always in the forefront of the cut soap.
Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
PJ, here's one. Oversized straws, another. One must be opportunistic, that's for sure ;P

Thanks Carabou. In Oz the smallest PVC tube I can buy is 15mm. I have just had the great idea to line it with a rolled flat silicone sheet which will bring the diameter down to whatever dimension I want. Not totally reproduceable but good enough for the soap I want to make.
Thanks.

I have a fragrance oil that I use from my own fragrance oil company ( I also sell fragrance oils). I got it when I bought the FO company from another soap lady and she cannot remember where she got the oil from. I am almost out of it but it is the most amazing tutti fruitti fragrance and one of my best sellers in my "Smell the Rainbow" soap which I have pictured here!!.

I have bought other FO's scented "Skittles", "Fruit Slices" etc and they have all discoloured my colours. My oil does not discolour.... my colours stay vibrant.... *sigh* soapmaker frustration here!!! :confused:

oh that bites that you cant find the scent--and its funny cuz I have been thinking of Tutti Frutti scent for awhile now. love your soap!!

It's spring training season, finally!
7766284450e8d6af51ae6725e071102c--sports-baseball-baseball-scores.jpg

They were a hit Marily, thanks for asking.

wow that's awesome!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 37895
http://soapworkerusa.pixnet.net
Does anyone know how to make circles in soap other than soap dough?
I have a mold for spheres but it makes one side a bit flat and of course they are always in the forefront of the cut soap.
View attachment 37897

I was just noticing yesterday how many little balls of soap I have accumulated! What I did was using gloved hands, rolled fresh soap into balls and let them dry. This only works if the soap is still somewhat pliable, not hard as a rock, so it would depend on your recipe and how quickly you caught it (unmolded it) to do the rolling. It works with both CP & HP soap.

Sort of like making matzoh balls.

It's spring training season, finally!
7766284450e8d6af51ae6725e071102c--sports-baseball-baseball-scores.jpg

They were a hit Marily, thanks for asking.

PJ, here's one. Oversized straws, another. One must be opportunistic, that's for sure ;P

Wow great job. It really looks like the one primal elements puts out.

^^Interesting textured tops on rounds. I guess they're not from Pringle's!

Cute bluebird dish from ShoeHouseStudio

images

No worries Christine, we love all soaps from everybody, including yours. So be sure to post your own in the Photo Gallery where we can all oooh and aaah.

Latest posts

Back