Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shungite.jpeg

This is a M&P soap.
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/255...query=homemade+soap&ref=sr_gallery-1-48&frs=1

Last edited:
Is that soap??!? What a great idea for nature lovers!! It's so beautiful.
I think they could have made a silicone mold from the original piece of timber. Or they might have carved a clay piece until it was perfect and used it as a plug for a silicone mold.
Then they would have had to experiment to get just the right colour. It is beautiful!

I think they could have made a silicone mold from the original piece of timber. Or they might have carved a clay piece until it was perfect and used it as a plug for a silicone mold.
Then they would have had to experiment to get just the right colour. It is beautiful!

Humorously, it appears almost the exact color of my most recent soap, down to the tiny bit of pinkish-red mica 'discoloring' (for lack of the correct word at the moment) the main blue color. :)

I wondered if it was an example of soap carving, but could be a mold or mold insert, yes. That would be far less time-consuming than individual carvings!

Humorously, it appears almost the exact color of my most recent soap, down to the tiny bit of pinkish-red mica 'discoloring' (for lack of the correct word at the moment) the main blue color. :)

I wondered if it was an example of soap carving, but could be a mold or mold insert, yes. That would be far less time-consuming than individual carvings!
All her other soaps look like they are from molds.

The soap above is actually a M&P!!

I had that same thought TViv. No reason why it can't be done!

After seeing your blue flame video, I know you can work with 20 lines. And I disagree that it wouldn't look good in cp. You just need some of TViv's attitude. C'mon, try it, please??

TVivian, here's a different slant on a stacked soap, also kinda cool. Obtained from Soap Is Beautiful at http://www.soapisbeautiful.com/archives/2959036898

View attachment 11354
I keep getting a junk page at the linked address.

Love the kbee! Not to detract from the main design, but I really like the texture and dots on top. I can't do a decent spoon texture to save me, so maybe the straighter ridges are a better idea.

Love the kbee! Not to detract from the main design, but I really like the texture and dots on top. I can't do a decent spoon texture to save me, so maybe the straighter ridges are a better idea.
The top is what caught my attention too.. Here's what it looked like before cutting
_20190207_013756.JPG

And a couple more from the same account
_20190207_013933.JPG

_20190207_013723.JPG

Back