Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soap curls from glycerin bars, artist unknown. I just learned tonight that people like to crush these things. There's a habit I don't need to form!

0e3695813e1b8be11d687668105cd7df.jpg

Soap curls from glycerin bars, artist unknown. I just learned tonight that people like to crush these things. There's a habit I don't need to form!

0e3695813e1b8be11d687668105cd7df.jpg
I've seen tons of videos of those, and the ones where they cut/shave, online and I always wonder where it started. Plus, they waste so much soap just to cut/crush!

Not really a fan of flowers but these caught my eye. Probably coz they're so dainty..
_20181207_130248.JPG _20181207_130225.JPG

Wow, I think both of those are beautiful Dawni. Do you wait for each layer to firm before pouring the next color?
Darling they're not mine hehe at this point soaps like these are a dream, and several mica colors away hehe mine look nothing like them, unfortunately lol

But yes, the idea is to pour the next layer from very close, on a spatula mostly I've seen (not tried layers yet haha), to avoid the colors dropping into and mixing with the previous ones. For layers I assume they pour at thick trace. There are tons of videos on YouTube.. Very addicting to watch them make swirls and layers.

Most of the soaps in this particular thread are not by the poster by the way, we post here ones we find amazing and/or inspirational ones.

These are by Bearfoot Gypsy, as her stamp says. The pic is from Instagram but here's her site :)

Welcome to the forum @SYT!

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks. I'm new to soaping. I've had a few very simple recipe sucesses. And recently had 2 batches that got away from me and had to rebatch. This is an interesting craft, so many variables.

Ok. Thanks. I'm new to soaping. I've had a few very simple recipe sucesses. And recently had 2 batches that got away from me and had to rebatch. This is an interesting craft, so many variables.
Hello and welcome! This thread is pretty much other peoples soaps that they find on the internet.
Please take a minute and go to the introduction thread and tell us a bit about yourself since you're new

Back