Brownies with pistachios

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Is what my son said these looked like. He even stuck one to his nose and said they smelled kinda like brownies in the oven.

I am surprised myself at how these smell. Like a buttery, chocolatey sweet dish.. And I cannot guess from where the soap got it once cooked.

So back story, I had a packet of Skinfood from Love Raw in the UK that my mom never opened. It's meant to be mixed with food or blended in smoothies, and is quite a dark red powder. In water it looks like a dark strawberry shake.

Ingredients are chia seeds, goji berry, rosehip, lucuma, acai berry, and camu camu powders. Cool right? It expired 3mos ago though haha and I only wish mama had eaten it coz it's all certified organic ingredients and not cheap lols

But since it wasn't gonna be ingested anyway I said let's infuse it and soap with it. Whatever minimal color or benefit I'll get or not is fine. I used this olive oil as 50% of my total oils and was surprised when my raw batter looked kinda like my red sandalwood one.

After cutting it's a nice brown the color of dark chocolate or, as my son said, brownies. The "confetti," which I admit I should have planned better, was shavings from my stormy soap from last week. Looks like a rebatch but it seriously isn't haha
_20190310_180621.JPG

_20190310_181146.JPG

Funny that my confetti has a green tinge to it. In the other soap the green is extremely faint, almost tan and quite speckled but here it's quite noticeably green even in artificial light. I even thought I didn't use enough moringa when I didn't see green in the other soap, but here it is lol

Thanks for reading!

Is what my son said these looked like. He even stuck one to his nose and said they smelled kinda like brownies in the oven.

I am surprised myself at how these smell. Like a buttery, chocolatey sweet dish.. And I cannot guess from where the soap got it once cooked.

So back story, I had a packet of Skinfood from Love Raw in the UK that my mom never opened. It's meant to be mixed with food or blended in smoothies, and is quite a dark red powder. In water it looks like a dark strawberry shake.

Ingredients are chia seeds, goji berry, rosehip, lucuma, acai berry, and camu camu powders. Cool right? It expired 3mos ago though haha and I only wish mama had eaten it coz it's all certified organic ingredients and not cheap lols

But since it wasn't gonna be ingested anyway I said let's infuse it and soap with it. Whatever minimal color or benefit I'll get or not is fine. I used this olive oil as 50% of my total oils and was surprised when my raw batter looked kinda like my red sandalwood one.

After cutting it's a nice brown the color of dark chocolate or, as my son said, brownies. The "confetti," which I admit I should have planned better, was shavings from my stormy soap from last week. Looks like a rebatch but it seriously isn't haha
View attachment 37370
View attachment 37369
Funny that my confetti has a green tinge to it. In the other soap the green is extremely faint, almost tan and quite speckled but here it's quite noticeably green even in artificial light. I even thought I didn't use enough moringa when I didn't see green in the other soap, but here it is lol

Thanks for reading!
That is really pretty. I keep hearing about confetti soap but i wory it wont look nice. Your soap has changed my mind!!!

Thank you @lsg :)
That is really pretty. I keep hearing about confetti soap but i wory it wont look nice. Your soap has changed my mind!!!
Thank you! But if you need convincing about confetti soap these are the ones you should be looking at:

Recent one by KiwiMoose
This really nice one by penelopejane
And my favorite confetti soap from off site.

I've seen most do a more or less even sized confetti shreds but I purposely made mine into small cubes, then some julienned, and the rest really tiny pieces with a cheese grater.. Just to see what that looks like lol

Is what my son said these looked like.
The "confetti," which I admit I should have planned better, was shavings from my stormy soap from last week.

I love these, Dawni, but I'm also upset that you confettied your gorgeous storm soaps!!! I hope you saved some of them. They really were lovely.

I love these, Dawni, but I'm also upset that you confettied your gorgeous storm soaps!!! I hope you saved some of them. They really were lovely.
Thanks Meena.. Don't be upset. All the soaps in the pics I posted are all accounted for lol

I used a recycled slab mold and the liner was wonky so I made confetti out of all those uneven end pieces I cut off :)

Back