Broken stick blender - can I wait?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonvance

Reaction score
Started a batch of liquid KOH soap and my stick blender crapped out just as I was getting started. Can I let the mixed oil, water and lye sit around for a day while I track down a new one?

I've been working it with whisk and hand mixer for about 45 minutes :(

Well, I got fed up and threw the whole batch into an old upright blender and threw it on high. Worked a charm, and pretty quick, too. Probably not great for the blender, I suppose...

Is there a rubber gasket that gets exposed to the soap (lye contact is what I'm thinking about)? If so, I'd probably clean it really well and then run it with just water to rinse it really well. I'd probably still use it for food if it only had that one contact, but others may not. But I think it depends on how that particular blender is made. Some of the newer ones come all apart for super easy cleaning. Not like the old ones that were first available when I was young.

Very good point that I read maybe a bit too late :) I'll go wash it well right now. If it disintegrates, well, they're $0.50 to replace on eBay.

Latest posts

Back