Brine Soap Question - New to Brine Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I know this method of soap making has been out for a while but I have never made brine soap before. Can someone tell me what the benefits of brine soap vs. cp soap are (say with coconut milk added).

I like the benefit of the salt, it makes my skin soft and seems to clean better then regular soap. Its also been good for my acne. Salt bars are pretty much the only thing I make anymore but I do still occasionally make brine soap, in fact I made a small batch this morning with beer.
My brine bars are quite high in coconut, very similar to a salt bar recipe. I have made brine soap with a regular recipe and didn't care for it too well, the lather was reduced too much even though I bumped the CO up to 30%. They have a nice look too, almost chalky and very smooth with muted colors.

My husband and my son LOVE salt and brine soaps. They say it makes them feel truly clean. Both have oily skin. I have dry skin, and I do not like brine or salt soaps at all. YMMV.

I wish I could say but my brine bars were colossal failures. I also did not like them as much as my failure of a salt bar. It may offer up a fantastic excuse for scratching a mosquito bite but it's it's usable.

After not really caring for salt bars, I made a batch of brine salt.
I just wanted to give salt another go and was really curious to see how will they turn out if they are made with brine instead of actual salt. I have to say that now after a 6 month cure or so, they are quite enjoyable in the shower.
Salt somewhat crystalised and provides a bit of "scratch" while bars feel quite cleansing without the drying effect of normal salt bars.
It wasn't really high in salt, I think I used around 100gr in 800gr of oils. Oils were regular batch with 1%SF (OO, CO, rice bran, castor, cocoa and shea butter).
Salt didn't reduce lather at all, I use 20% CO and find that's enough with this amount of salt.

I like them so much I might experiment again, maybe uping the salt CO a bit.

Back