Brewers yeast

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Has anyone used brewers yeast in soap? What does it add?
I tried google and got the typical "it will cure all your skin ailments" results.
I have a huge jar of powder and need to find a use for it, there is only so much I can eat.

I've heard from people who add it to highly elaborate decoction extracts, made from Hordeum and Humulus plants, to initiate an almost alchemical transformation into a bitter, amber-coloured elixir. It is said to be hypnotising and euphorigenic, but if ingested it will intoxicate you (wipe out your memory, your bank balance, and your driver's licence) – still some audacious soapmakers swear on it as water replacement.

Once I had a recipe for dog biscuits that included brewers yeast. Of course, I've misplaced it. So that is another use for it. Here is a link for one such recipe.
https://www.petful.com/food/brewers-yeast-dog-treats/
I know, I know that's not what you asked for. I've always had a bouncy mind, so just be patient with me. Sometimes I can stay focused and not run down another rabbit hole, but not today.

I wish I could make doggy treats but I have a allergic dog on prescription food. He wouldn't be able to have any☹️

I wish I could make doggy treats but I have a allergic dog on prescription food. He wouldn't be able to have any☹
My daughter's dog is allergic to almost all of the commercial dog foods...allergies include, grains, milk, eggs, poultry, and several other items. We make treats for the dog out of canned pumpkin, instant potato flakes, a bit of molasses...might think that you could use brewer's yeast in that. Mix until almost stiff, roll into balls and either bake in a slow oven or just freeze so they are separated and then keep them in the freezer. My daughter has one of those cookie presses and she uses the one that shoots out three little dots. The dog gets one treat but thinks she's getting more because they are easy to divide even when they are frozen.

He's alleric to pototoes but rice is ok so I could do rice flour and pumpkin.
I should sprinkle some of the yeast on his food and see if he can handle it

He's alleric to pototoes but rice is ok so I could do rice flour and pumpkin.
I should sprinkle some of the yeast on his food and see if he can handle it
Good luck. They are kind of a pain to make, but it's a little dog so one can of pumpkin and enough potatoes to get it dry enough to make the treats lasts a long time. I'll have to tell her about brewers yeast...you just never know what you can learn by reading this forum!

Latest posts

Back