Breaking out like crazy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being in Alaska for 30+ years was a solution for the stubble. It never got warm enough where I lived to wear shorts so I just never bothered to shave except for the times where we would be in a hotel with a swimming pool! Leg hair stubble isn't a bother under levis for the most part anyway or maybe it's just that one week's worth of growth where is finally lays down and doesn't itch.
In Idaho I wear shorts, capris or a skirt at least 6-7 months of the year so it was a daily thing to shave. For some reason it appears that my leg hairs gave up the ghost this year...a few black hairs right around my knees and a few white ones here and there. It is a blessing since I can hardly find the razor in the shower these days without glasses...let alone the leg hairs! And I don't necessarily feel the stubble? It only took about 65 years for that to happen, so don't despair ladies...live long enough and it might happen to you too.

Well, I do have fewer leg hairs, but they still bother me and as you say, I've been shaving blind for a long time. I shave by feel, but the hairs are so fine (they should be wiry at my age, right, but they are not) the razor often misses them, even with 2 or 3 passes. At least I don't get those nicks and cuts anymore, so I'm happy about that.

Half the time I don't bother shaving because it seems so futile. Right now I'm headed out to do some shopping in my capri pants and 1/4 inch stubble. If anyone even looks at these old-lady legs and sees the stubble, more power to them, I say.

The leg hair. I thought mine wasn't growing because it is quite thin and light in color and I couldn't feel it let alone see it. Imagine my shock when hubby and I were on our way to a family gathering and the sunlight lit up the 1/2" hairs all over my exposed legs. As Bette Davis (and my grandmother) said, "Old age ain't no place for sissies!"
😳😂🤣

Lordy! Now I'm going to have to go outside and see if there really is hair on my legs in the light of day! Well, maybe. I don't think I really want to know. I'm happy just using the tweezers on the black hair on my knees. I'll wait until my daughter sees it ...and then maybe I'll see if she is up to shaving my legs for me? I was so happy thinking my legs had stopped getting hairy! LOL

Ok since we are telling leg hair stories, here is mine.

When my daughter was little, maybe two years old, we had a huge grey cat named Cheetah. His only bad habit was that he liked to knead his claws on my daughter’s favorite blankey. She was forever admonishing him in toddler-speak, “No sharps my blankey, Cheetah!”

So, a bunch of us couples with kids are at a friend’s house relaxing out back, and she runs over to ask me something, patting my shin to get my attention. When I said, “Yes?” she turned to the whole group and announced in her outside voice,

“Mommy leg - has sharps like Cheetah!”

Latest posts

Back