Break the rules soap variation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintlysoaper

Reaction score
I have only just found out about the recipe known as Break the Rules which involves 75% coconut oil and 25% cocoa butter. Since I loved the the lather of my 100% coconut oil soap but found the 20% SF still too drying, I am intrigued to feel the difference of adding another ingredient.

Has anyone done it? What did you think of it?
I searched for it on here but couldn't find a discussion on it.

I've done several variations on a theme with it. The one that I liked best out of my experiments was/is 70% coconut oil and 30% mango butter with a 15% S/F.

IrishLass :)

Well that is pretty close to what I had in mind! I am really enjoying HP at the moment so I was going to try 75% coconut and 25% mango butter but also superfat entirely with mango butter after the cook at 20% SF.

What were the characteristics of your soap?

I did 85% coconut oil, 5% avocado butter, 5% cocoa butter and 5% apricot butter with 13% SF

Well that is pretty close to what I had in mind! I am really enjoying HP at the moment so I was going to try 75% coconut and 25% mango butter but also superfat entirely with mango butter after the cook at 20% SF.

What were the characteristics of your soap?

It was still very bubbly and hard, lasted longer than my soap made with 100% CO (i.e., it didn't melt away as fast in the shower), and the 15% super-fat made it feel good on my skin.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back