Brand New To Forum & Soap Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie73160

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I sure could use some quick tips. I'm going to have an early dinner tomorrow and then I'd really like to make some soap for the first time.

To tell you the truth I thought about making my own soap when I became disgusted with the increasing soap prices on the coconut soap I had been using. And then recently, I thought about making soap for family members too and creating a little gift box for them as well.

So please tell me if I am prepared tomorrow. I REALLY don't want to make the soap from scratch. So I purchased a 4 oz. Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap Bar. It contains coconut soap, water, coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, & natural fragrance. I plan to grate the bar tomorrow (after dinner,) while heating one gallon distilled water. I'll remove the mixture, because I'm told it will melt together.

I'm supposed to stir it completely right? And let it set overnight?? Check it again in the morning and stir again. Then add my favorite ingredients??

Is it better to add Virgin Oil or Crisco Oil for skin softening?

By the way, I want this to be LIQIUD soap, NOT bar soap. Is there a problem with my making liquid soap. I bought these darling containers today to pour the soap in. I did not buy molds.

PLEASE GET BACK WITH ME tonight if you can, so I'll know what the heck I'm doing tomorrow. I'm so sorry I didn't find you earlier.

Debbie

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Debbie you're trying to make liquid soap? I don't make it this way, but perhaps someone else will know more. I want to welcome you to our forum! 8) Happy T-Day to you! :wink:

Paul.... :) :wink:

Latest posts

Back