Brambleberry

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
I do love bb because of its selection and price but they do take a long time to ship.
Agrees. It always takes exactly one week. But I am finding this is usual for most Companies and that it has more to do with the shipping CO.... I made my first order from WSP January 10th!! And my order has been sitting on a truck since the 18th. Just sitting there!! I know it isn't WSP fault (although it still would have taken a week to get here) But MAN ALIVE!! I want my stuff!! It's the 21 and I'm sad...

I ordered from Peaks and WOW! Got my shipment in like four days!! Same with Certified Lye...

Yes peaks is quick but wsp is super quick for me! LOL Another quick place is aromahaven! I mean I swear they ship next day no matter what time you order? LOL

Fragrance Order

I'm about to establish my FO selection. I think I'm going to start with Sweet Cakes, just because I do NOT wanna wait forever to get my stuff. I will DEFINATELY order from Brambleberry, because they're an established company, with a wonderful selection of FO's.

But, right now, I'm too excited to have to wait too many days for the UPS man. Sweet Cakes is in Minnesota.

Re: Fragrance Order

NEASoapWorks said:
I do NOT wanna wait forever to get my stuff. I will DEFINATELY order from Brambleberry, because they're an established company, with a wonderful selection of FO's.
When I lived in Iowa, I would place and order on Wednesday and I would get it either Tuesday or Wednesday the next week. It was ALWAYS six to seven days, never less, never more...I always went with the FedEx shipping because it was the cheapest.

M and P goats milk base

I ordered their goats milk base soap, I had same problem they don;t inform you when shipped I had to email them to find out. Cajun automaticley emails you. And soap is not as pure as Glorybee I think I like theirs better even though a little more expensive delynn

Re: M and P goats milk base

delynn said:
I ordered their goats milk base soap, I had same problem they don;t inform you when shipped I had to email them to find out. Cajun automaticley emails you. And soap is not as pure as Glorybee I think I like theirs better even though a little more expensive delynn
They send you an invoice with tracking numbers on it via E-mail. For some reason, it always goes to my junk folder. I thought I wasn't getting shippment confirmations and I looked in my junk folder and I had like 5 of them :oops: :oops:

I have mixed feelings about B&B. I love their products, but almost every order has something wrong. The first order .5 oz of a 1 oz bottle of oatmeal milk & honey FO leaked all over the bottom of the box.

The 3rd order was missing an item, so I called & they shipped it right away, but it was a mold I needed asap.

In about my 4th order .5 oz of 1 oz of blue liquid dye had leaked all over everthing in my order. THAT sucked!!!!

:cry:

on b&b

I now use Peck for my soap. It is good and they send with in a couple of days. I also use Fragrence and Flavors for some oils. they charge alot less for poastage. Delynn

I have never used Brambleberry but I do use WSP a lot (since they are 20 minutes down the street from me.) I also use NG, Southern Soapers and Day Star a lot. All of them are very quick.

I am new to the whole process of this and had about 200 dollars worth of stuff in my cart and decided to check reviews. These posts kind of make me wonder, but if I go to some of the other sources listed like Peaks and WSP, I can't find any 'sample' packs. Does anyone know of a site that offers these? It seems like the way to go until I find out what I really like, but now I feel 'iffy' about it since some have had bad experiences.

Maybe I should just order a few things from here and see how it goes? sigh....Now I am torn. Maybe I am missing something about Peaks. All I see is a lot of candle making things? Do I have the wrong site? help!

Peak is primarily a candle supplier. Or rather WAS, now they seem to do a brisk B&B/soap business too.

peakcandle.com

I use a lot of their FOs in soap and love them. It's great that so many are suitable for soap AND candles - helps with inventory and such

Re: on b&b

delynn said:
I now use Peck for my soap. It is good and they send with in a couple of days. I also use Fragrence and Flavors for some oils. they charge alot less for poastage. Delynn
What is Peck. Or did you mean Peak?

I'm sorry that some of you have had negative experiences with turnaround for our company. Part of that is that we're in Washington state so it's a full 7 to 9 days in transit from us to some place in the country and part of that (looking at the dates from 2007 with some of the posts) is just the time of year. Bramble Berry closes for around 6 to 10 days for Christmas and inventory. It is posted on our web site when that takes place. When we re-open, we process orders on a first come/first serve basis but catching up from that week makes for a somewhat slow beginning part to January.

Other than that time of year, typically 96% of normal orders (international orders, PayPal, and lye waiver orders require extra attention so get pulled out of line) ship out the next business day after they are ordered.

I'm sorry about the blue bottle explosion (that's never fun) and I'm sorry about the dog eating package experience. We did try to file a claim with Fed Ex on your behalf but they turned it down. We are happy to ship UPS or USPS if customers prefer those options.

I'm really disheartened to read the notes here. We ship out around 200 packages per day and if even 1% of them have damages or mistakes, that's 2 customers per day that may have a negative experience. We are working very hard to make number lower and in fact, the staff goal for this quarter revolves around accuracy and turnaround time. Each and every package we sent out is important to us, we take it very seriously and always want everyone to have a positive experience.

I'm sorry that so many of you on this thread did not. Feel free to call me any time to talk about any of your concerns or questions or suggestions for improvement: 360.734.8278

Anne-Marie
www.brambleberry.com
blog: www.soapqueen.com

Everyone from time to time is going to have an unpleasant experience with a supplier thats just how it goes. I have ordered from brambleberry several times and never had a bad experience with you them. Actually I haven't had a bad experience with any supplier except in cases of distance. I've shipped an order out to a customer and put the wrong item in the bag. As soon as I realized I resent the correct item and told the customer to keep the wrong item and free samples anyway. This happens plain and simple. I would like to think that before anyone places orders they do some research as far as distance and selection of what you want. I do not always go by everyone's suggestion because I know everyone's experience will be different.

So far, very disappointed

As a new soaper, Brambleberry was one of the first places I stumbled upon while searching for suppliers. I'd like to post my experience and get some feedback from Brambleberry "regulars" just to see if this is normal, and I hope that's OK.

So far, I've placed 2 orders, and have less than positive experiences.

Before I placed my first order, I called a few times to ask about the company and practices. They have nice people. I was told that I'd receive a $10 off $60 coupon with my first order, and a free FO sample with every order.

First order. I made a zip code error, called immediately and got VM. I call next day and they said they'd take care of it. FedEx called me 5 times, I called BB to fix it again, etc. It's like it was never taken care of. The day it arrives, I come home to an entire first floor smelling like (a really fabulous) Cherry Almond. The bottle leaked in shipping. To their credit, they did ship immediately. Coupon was not included, but was told I could write a note next time with my order.

Second order. I need a mold DESPERATELY for this upcoming Saturday. Potential long-term large quantity customer. After I called about coupon, they applied it. Order was supposed to be here this past Tuesday. I track it, and FedEx "cannot locate recipient." The wrong zip code was entered (even though my sales receipt, my account etc reads the correct one). They fix it, and then it will arrive Wednesday. Arrives with tape cut/ripped along middle length - with NO MOLD even though I was charged. No sample FO, either. They called back today. I ask if they can overnight, they say they sold out and would refund my money. "Policy" is to leave it out if they are depleted, but I can "request" to be told of such things in the future. Unless I can beg my potential customers to extend the "prototypes" requests, I'll have lost out completely. I'm so mad and disappointed.

Is this normal? Do BB regulars experiences these types of things all time?? I'm trying to figure out if I need to find other suppliers.

Thanks everyone!

I am not a BB regular. I have ordered maybe 1/2 dozen times from them & had very good service each time & above & beyond twice when I had a special requests.

"Policy" is to leave it out if they are depleted, but I can "request" to be told of such things in the future.

Ugg- a pet peave of mine is to NOT be informed an item I have ordered is out of stock.

I have had that exact thing happen to me 2x, not w/ BB. Can't remember w/ who.

I needed product X so I ordered it & few other things I did not need but since I was ordering I sampled a few others. I got the *few other things* but not the item I needed.SO upsetting when that happens!

Tabitha said:
I am not a BB regular. I have ordered maybe 1/2 dozen times from them & had very good service each time & above & beyond twice when I had a special requests.

You said on the first page of this thread that you had two unpleasant experiences with them. :wink:

Who talking bad about my favorite company in the whole wide world :shock:

I love love love love Brambleberry! I have never ever had a problem with them, the most reliable supplier I ever had.. and that includes the supplier I have here locally.

I love getting my little sample gift, for some reason I tend to look for it first.. almost like finding a price inside of a cracker jack box :wink:

Im sorry some of you have bad experiences with the company, but I can assure you ... they are a great company!

Latest posts

Back