Brambleberry Soap mold (36 bar). Getting tired of these dividers... New options?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...Why did you need custom molds? ..."

If you'd watched Arianna's video, she explains she had custom molds made because she has a back problem that restricts her from lifting over 20 pounds, and the standard molds weigh 25 pounds filled, if I recall correctly. I can certainly appreciate that.

Other people might have custom molds made to fit their workspace or equipment. Or to create a specialty bar shape. Or whatever.

"...Why did you need custom molds? ..."

If you'd watched Arianna's video, she explains she had custom molds made because she has a back problem that restricts her from lifting over 20 pounds, and the standard molds weigh 25 pounds filled, if I recall correctly. I can certainly appreciate that.

Other people might have custom molds made to fit their workspace or equipment. Or to create a specialty bar shape. Or whatever.

Yeah. That's why I was asking Wellingtonchase why they had custom molds made.

Yeah, that'll be something I need to address too. My paper wrap and ingredient cards is for the bar size I have now. And I'm wanting to produce 5oz bars (which this is not setup to do) so I'll have to have a custom cutter made so the thickness will equate to 5oz based on the size. That'll be the cheaper route to go. Custom cutter instead of molds.

So the 50lb mold makes a bar that's 3.5x2.5". That seems like an awkward shape to me. My Brambleberry mold makes appx 2x3" and around 1.5" thick.

Hmmmm.

Back