Brambleberry FO sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've had that up for at least two years now. Either they have a silo of it out back or they've changed their minds after getting pages of pleas from people but haven't taken the notice down. Either way, I usually get a pound every other order so I have a stock. As a hobby soaper, it should last me a lifetime.

My favorites are

Pink Grapefruit
Love Spell
Ginger Ale
Black Raspberry & Vanilla
Earl Grey Tea with Lemon
Neroli and Shea Blossom

They've had that up for at least two years now. Either they have a silo of it out back or they've changed their minds after getting pages of pleas from people but haven't taken the notice down. Either way, I usually get a pound every other order so I have a stock. As a hobby soaper, it should last me a lifetime.

Is it working for you? I threw 1 oz ppo into a batch for the first time and it kinda vanished. Waiting to see if it comes back. I was excited about it OOB.

It has stuck for me. I've had soaps hold the scent for at least two years. I'm not sure what it is that makes it stick for one person and not another.

I told bf I wasn't going to buy any more FO's until I used up what I have. But with making all these soaps for the challenge, I've now tried all but 1 of my scents. And how can I keep experimenting with design if I don't have a fo to go with it. Heaven forbid I use the same scent in 2 different designs! My list is growing as we speak. Keep the idea coming! Lol

Well then maybe I'll just add a little to my cart. I didn't want to get something, end up liking it, and never be able to get it again. Thanks!

I'll add a few:
-Ancient Sedona, a complex spicy earthy scent. I add it to liquid soap as is, no emulsifier needed. It mixes clear but discolors a pretty brown. In regular cp, the discoloration is an ugly brown but burgundy oxide makes it look a lot better. I have bars that are 8 month old. The scent is a little lighter but it is still identifiable.

-Wasabi, a complex herbal clean scent. It still smells true at 8 months, just a little lighter.

-Bonsai, a clean soap smell. It reminds me of a commercial soap scent. Medium strong at 8 months.

-Champagne, as a mixer. It is very strong and can overwhelm just about any other FO I tried. I have to keep it away from other soaps because the scent transfers.

-Cold Water. It is the best Cold Water I tried so far, a fresh well-balanced perfumy scent. I think it is unisex.

-Spiced Mahogany, complex spice. To me, it is the most balanced of the spicy scents I tried from BB.

-Rosewood Vanilla. I used it in lotions and the vanilla scent becomes more pronounced with time. I have a number of people who ask for it. It worked reasonably well in cp, but I find the scent more true mixed 3:1 with Vanilla Sandalwood. VS by itself is very strong and smells more artificial on the skin.

-Nag Champa: I have the older formula. This ended up a complete surprise. It smelled like rancid gasoline until the 6 weeks mark when it turned into a light anise scent. At 8 months, it morphed into a unique complex and deep floral scent that everybody liked. I also mixed it with FB Karma and it came out great. The FB mix smells very similar to NC at 8 months with some added patchouli notes. I plan on testing the new formula.

Crisp Apple Rose, Crisp Anjou Pear and Rosehip Jasmine: They tend to fade a lot by 8 months but they are nice while they last.

Few others: Bay Leaf & Tabacco, Honey & Leather, Rustic Woods & Rum, Flower Child, Spiced Amber Ale, and Autumn Fig Harvest. All of these scents survived in my tests for at least 6 months and are still recognizable.

I pulled the trigger. I picked up:

8oz of Energy
8oz of Champagne
4oz of Bonsai (god I hope this is close enough to Soapaloosa since she is going bulk only)
4oz of Salty Mariner (I know it accelerates, but it really sounds great for a salt bar)

$50 including shipping. Not too bad as far as shipping from halfway across the country.

FYI, flavor oils are included in the sale.

I just hope this gets delivered when bf isn't here <blushes>

Ordered quite a few 2 and 4 ounce FOs, some burgundy pigment (anyone ever try that?), and a couple of mini column molds because I am still obsessed with TVivian's entry for the discoloring FO challenge.

Green Apple High pH LabColor
Orange Peel Cybilla Fragrance Oil (14 oz)
Black Cherry Fragrance Oil (2 oz)
Bonsai Fragrance Oil (4 oz)
Crisp Anjou Pear Fragrance Oil (4 oz)
Shrink Wrap Soap Bands
Champagne Fragrance Oil (15 oz)
Lychee Red Tea Fragrance Oil (16 oz)
Rosehip Jasmine Fragrance Oil (8 oz)
Turkish Mocha Fragrance Oil (4 oz)
Moroccan Mint Fragrance Oil (3.5 oz)
Lavender Surplus Fragrance Oil (8 oz)

Shipping just $17!!! (to Wisconsin)

I think I've had Bonsai before but I can't remember. Soapy scents are not so much my thing but so many people say they are popular. Should be easy to give away. I've never tried the black cherry so that's a risk. Going with other people's rec's for the Moroccan Mint and Turkish Mocha so my fingers are crossed. I am no fan of lavender but it's so popular that I always have requests for it and it's an easy blender. Even if I'm getting little that's new, I always LOVE getting a box of soaping stuff!

After keeping my Cart full for a couple days, I had a moment of clarity and just bought two things.

8 oz Cedar & Saffron FO
4 oz Pure Honey FO

I have 40 (!) 1 oz testers I still need to try, so time to cut down on FO obsession. :)

Ordered quite a few 2 and 4 ounce FOs, some burgundy pigment (anyone ever try that?), and a couple of mini column molds because I am still obsessed with TVivian's entry for the discoloring FO challenge.

I've tried it. Just before I decided to only color with clays and herbs and such. It was a long time ago and I no longer have the recipe I used, but I must have used too much because it bled everywhere in the shower.

I've tried it. Just before I decided to only color with clays and herbs and such. It was a long time ago and I no longer have the recipe I used, but I must have used too much because it bled everywhere in the shower.

Oh sad. I am trying to get a deep, rich, burgundy. It doesn't sound like this is my answer. Thanks for letting me know.

Here is a shocker, my order ALREADY SHIPPED!

If this was a WSP sale I would not get my stuff for 2 weeks. BB has eally stapped up their game.

ETA:

They were out of champagne. Just got an email w a coupon code for 15% off and FOs on my next order, good til June. I can live with that.

Last edited:

I have the burgundy... it's best mixed with some neon pink to bring out the red or a bitty amount of AC to make it more mysterious. It's rather brick colored on its own.

I told myself I was only going to order 5 fragrances, but I ended up ordering 10. Oh well. :)

I ordered yesterday right after the sale started and my order shipped today! That's the fastest I've ever had them ship something.

I ordered Energy, Salty Mariner (this is a new one for me), Bamboo Mint (also a new one for me...it sounded very nice, I hope I like it) Lemon Verbena, OMH, and Lavender. Oh, and I ordered a couple of colorants I am low on, and Lemongrass EO. Can't wait for them to get here! I am a hobbyist though so I can't say what sells and what doesn't, I just go with what my nose likes. ;-)

Back