Brambleberry 36 bar wood mold. I want a silicone liner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamison

Reaction score
Brambleberry offers silicone liners for their smaller molds, but not for the 36 bar mold. They don't have a recommendation for me of where to go to get one. I've searched a bit and it's not really a solution I can easily come up with.

Has anyone done this before? I'd sure like to reduce the waste and time it takes to line the mold.

Thanks

https://www.brambleberry.com/36-Bar-Unfinished-Birchwood-Mold-P5167.aspx

I bought the silicone from rubbersheetwarehouse.com to make it myself for exactly that BB 36 bar mold. It's the same thickness that it would be if they made it and still be able to use the inserts. I spoke to the owner there and told him what I wanted to do and explained the issue of using glue and heat with soap. He said I could use RTV silicone glue and it will hold forever if I want to fuse the sides to the bottom piece. I hope you understand from my explanation and pics. I love that mold but needed a liner. So I'll make it!! Lol. I think!

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

I bought the silicone from rubbersheetwarehouse.com to make it myself for exactly that BB 36 bar mold. It's the same thickness that it would be if they made it and still be able to use the inserts. I spoke to the owner there and told him what I wanted to do and explained the issue of using glue and heat with soap. He said I could use RTV silicone glue and it will hold forever if I want to fuse the sides to the bottom piece. I hope you understand from my explanation and pics. I love that mold but needed a liner. So I'll make it!! Lol. I think!

So you bought strips and glued them together? How's that holding up?

I didnt glue strips together. The bottom is one whole piece of silicone rubber the same size as the 36 bar mold.. The strips go up the side. Ill post another picture once Im done making it. But it is exactly what a liner would look like if you bought it. My only concern was it the sides would stay adhered to the bottom and he assured me it would with the rtv glue. Even with higher temperatures.

I didnt glue strips together. The bottom is one whole piece of silicone rubber the same size as the 36 bar mold.. The strips go up the side. Ill post another picture once Im done making it. But it is exactly what a liner would look like if you bought it. My only concern was it the sides would stay adhered to the bottom and he assured me it would with the rtv glue. Even with higher temperatures.

Perfect. I was going to be fine with wrapping the side pieces since I didn't see a solution for that. I'm tired of cutting that bottom piece in freezer paper to make it fit.

I bought the bottom insert piece because they said I should get it. I have no idea what purposes it serves. I only use it as a template to cut the freezer paper.

Latest posts

Back