Bramble Berry fragrance oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. After that happened I looked around some more and came across Wellington Fragrances. I have ordered 9 fragrances from them so far. All the bottles have been full to the lid. Also they have a premium grade of fragrances that are very strong. They say use .75oz per pound. I have found that even 1oz for a whole 4lb batch is about right.

I have only used BB once but I had no trouble with the service or getting cheated on my FO. I did get a sample from them as well, and I feel they have the lowest prices on oils (other than maybe soaper's choice or something, lower than WSP at least).

I still get most of my stuff from WSP but BB has a few things I like.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I still use BB for a lot of FO's. I LOVE their Beau Brummel for men, and I use Kentish Rain and Bonsai for shampoo bars. Their Ginger Pear is awesome, especially mixed with coconut, and I've got other favs too. I just hate that they're packaged by volume. It also makes it harder to really figure out your true exact cost. Granted the difference isn't going to be huge, but I'm a bit anal like that and want to know to the penny what it costs me, and unless you weigh the entire contents you don't know your cost per ounce in weight.

I do not mean to be ragging on BB. I've seen this from lots of suppliers.

LotusFlowerSoap said:
Granted the difference isn't going to be huge, but I'm a bit anal like that and want to know to the penny what it costs me, and unless you weigh the entire contents you don't know your cost per ounce in weight.

Next time you get an empty bottle but it on the scale. Then you can subtract that from the weight of a full bottle. Then you will know.

Their FOs are usually very good, and customer service excellent. I love the Neroli (asked about earlier in the thread). :) Sticks and is pleasant to work with, very nice.

I love brambleberry's selection, my problem with them is that I feel like they gouge on shipping more than other suppliers. I recently ordered a soap stamp from them and they charged me $8.00 to send it to me...something that should cost like 2-3 dollars in first class mail? I've run into this several times with them. I try not to order from them unless I really need something they have and can't get it from anywhere else.

Tiristia said:
I was wondering if many of you still love this place. I've only ordered from them once. Just a few weeks ago. I found that my 1oz. bottles of fragrance only had .8oz. in them. :(

I just found the same thing to be true of the FO from wsp. I had previously assumed that the bottle that said 2oz did in fact have 2 oz in it. Someone on the forum recommended weighing out your FO because some weigh differently and all the bottles I just purchased were short .2oz. WTH. I assumed it is because a fluid ounce isn't as much as the weight ounce?

Thanks for the scoop on Wellington, btw.

Is it more cost effective to buy eo's/fo's by weight or by fluid oz? Just wondering...I'm a little confused on this topic! Btw, I really love majestic mountain sage fragrances....yumm!! :)

Recently I tried BB's Frosted Fir FO and I just wanted to tell everyone that's it's absolutely horrendous, like I don't believe anyone would like it. I mean, mayyybe it's just me but oh geez, no, just no.

I like most of the FOs from BB. I miss the little sample bottles they used to send but they are shipping must faster than they used to and I like that .

Is BrambleBerry a good place to buy from?
These are the ones that I liked the sound of, does anyone know if they are any good? Sorry for the long list...I think for me choosing the scents to use is one of the most exciting things :D
Vanilla select
Oatmeal Milk and Sugar (Oatmeal milk and Honey?) Which one?!
Orange spice
Grapefruit lily
Cucumber Mellon
Sun ripened raspberry
Cherry Almond
Passion fruit rose
Blackberry
Pumpkin pie
Butter Cream Snicker doodle (Am I just weird, or are there other people who really like to use the smell of foods in soap?)

Thank you!

I really like BB fragrance oils. I haven't tried any on your list but I think their fragrance oils are....complex and well blended. Right now I can't stop sniffing magnolia leaf and Tonka. I really like their clover and aloe, candy apple rose, lush succulent and rejuvenating eucalyptus.

NOT a fan of the energy or tranquility fragrances. But thats just me. Energy is a bit too fruity and tranquility smells of anise, which isn't what I like.

Recently I tried BB's Frosted Fir FO and I just wanted to tell everyone that's it's absolutely horrendous, like I don't believe anyone would like it. I mean, mayyybe it's just me but oh geez, no, just no.
LOL, I loved the frosted fir. Ha ha, different strokes!

You're right on the "different strokes!"...because I happen to love BB's Energy FO 😄 I think it's so fresh and invigorating!

I totally agree, soap queen uses it in a ton of her videos and people seem to really like it.

I can see how it would appeal to a lot of people, I just have my own peccadillos.

What I will say about energy is that it behaves exceptionally well in cold process soap. So if you like the fragrance you are super lucky because it is so easy to work with.

I have purchased quite of bit of FOs and a couple of EOs from BB; unfortunately EOs, especially citrus EOs don't "stick" well in CP, so I just use FOs now. Anyhoo...here is my list:

Amethyst - Meh
Ancient Sedona - Yes
Backwoods Hike - Meh
Bonfire - Meh
Brambleberry - Meh
Candied Citrus - Meh
Chocolate Espresso - LOVE
Chocolate Ganache - LOVE
Christmas Spice - Meh
Cinnamon Cocoa - Meh
Cinnamon Swirl - YUCK
Cranberry Pomegranate - Yes
Crisp Cotton - Meh
Dark Chocolate Orange - Yes
Dragon's Blood - YUCK
English Rose - Meh
Hickory & Suede - Meh
Indian Sandalwood - Yes
Lavender - Yes
Lemon Bar - LOVE
Oatmeal Stout - Meh
Pink Peony - Meh
Plumeria - (haven't used yet)
Pumpkin Souffle - (haven't used yet)
Santa's Spruce - Meh
Southern Peach - Husband's Favorite
Spearmint Eucalyptus - Meh
Strawberry - Yes
Tahitian Vanilla - Meh
Vanilla Bean - Meh
Verdant Woods - Meh
Wild Rose - Meh

Meh = Not bad, not good
Yes or LOVE = Will continue to use
YUCK = Tossed the soap

My favorite BB fragrances are

Black Amber and Lavender
Deep Violet
Birch wood Oud
Kentucky Bourbon
Scotch Whiskey
Rum Woods
Oatmeal Milk and Honey
I think all of her FO’s need a higher rate in CP soap, they’re very subtle

For the Cinnamon Cocoa, I am of the same opinion that it was a horrible smell. I made it with a white local beer and it came out smelling... like... idk... gross.

@Gecko if you like Plumeria, California Candle has a very realistic Plumeria that sticks well. After trying many different Plumerias it is the one I always used. It did accelerate slightly. Just a hint try his Hardwood Musk, although it is not quite the same formula I had, it is close, and mix it 50/50 with Plumeria. Yummy. Men and Women both loved it. Sorry for hijacking the post. :eek: my bad...

Back