Bramble Berry fragrance oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm 23

Reaction score
Is BrambleBerry a good place to buy from?
These are the ones that I liked the sound of, does anyone know if they are any good? Sorry for the long list...I think for me choosing the scents to use is one of the most exciting things :D
Vanilla select
Oatmeal Milk and Sugar (Oatmeal milk and Honey?) Which one?!
Orange spice
Grapefruit lily
Cucumber Mellon
Sun ripened raspberry
Cherry Almond
Passion fruit rose
Blackberry
Pumpkin pie
Butter Cream Snicker doodle (Am I just weird, or are there other people who really like to use the smell of foods in soap?)

Thank you!

<----- loves foodie and bakery scents in soap.....

I like their OMH better than the OMSugar. Pineapple Cilantro (not on your list) is wonderful in soap.

Grapefruit Lily is very nice. It performed well, and was also good in lotion.

Sun-ripened raspberry wasn't my favorite, but others really liked it.

Brambleberry is a good place to buy oils. I generally email them and ask which of the selection I'm considering contain vanilla and which don't so I know to expect discoloration or not. I wish they'd put that on their website. For instance, the Pineapple Cilantro does contain vanilla (who knew?) and discolors to tan. Not a dealbreaker, but I'd have swirled it differently if I'd known.

they have good fos, cherry almond is very strong, i promised my hubby id never make it in the house again! they dont have a sampler package, where you can pick your own, which i dont like, look at www.peakcandles.com they have 10- 1 ounce for 20$ i can tell which ones i like from there if you want!(also, you can buy 2 or 3 of the same scent if you want in that deal) gelluminations has a really good sale right now, they are not as strong as bb or peak, but it is 1/2 off right now, so you get 10- 1 for 10$

Thanks for the link! I'll check that out :D By the way, I love your little saying..."I'm not aging I'm ripening to perfection." Really cute!

I love BBs fos! We have a supplier in Australia who stocks a selection of their and from your list, my favourites are in bold:-

Vanilla select
Oatmeal Milk and Sugar (Oatmeal milk and Honey?) Which one?!
Orange spice
Grapefruit lily
Cucumber Mellon
Sun ripened raspberry
Cherry Almond
Passion fruit rose
Blackberry
Pumpkin pie
Butter Cream Snicker doodle

Not that I don't like the others - just haven't used them yet ;)

Vanillia select is lovely to use in CP soap and discolours to dark brown. I take out some unscented soap batter and then swirl it back in after I have added the fo to my main pot - a reverse swirl that looks nice.

Cucumber melon is light and lovely and cool smelling - soaps beautifully and is nice in leave on products too.

Sun ripened raspberry - I haven't used this in CP yet as apparently it superheats, but it is lovely in M&P -gorgeous mouthwatering scent imho.

Passionfruit rose is just plain lovely! It needs to be soaped at a slightly higher % in CP imo as it is quite a soft scent, but is gorgeous in M&P and can be used in lip balms too. It smells perfect in body butter. HTH!

Tanya :)

I absolutely adore Brambleberry. My favorites on your list are Vanilla Select and Sun ripened raspberry. I love Cybilla's scents, particularly Lilac, Blackberry Sage, Violet, Musk, and Freesia. I love BB violet and their Gardenia is to die for.

has anyone tried the following fragrances?

lemon verbena
neroli
energy
ginger fiah
island kiss

do any accellerate trace or discolour?
thanks

whisks said:
has anyone tried the following fragrances?

lemon verbena
neroli
energy
ginger fiah
island kiss

do any accellerate trace or discolour?
thanks

Have used the energy, no A and no D. But scent did mellow a bit with curing. Used 1oz ppo.

I love Brambleberry! We all have smelled scents that we don't like (I don't like anything with an almond smell, smells very fake to my nose) but brambleberry has great products and great customer service as well.

Cool. Speaking of scents we don't like, I just made some lavender soap...ugh! I think I had the smell of that stuff stuck to me all day. Gave me a headache. :( I didn't spill any on me or anything.
I just really don't like lavender :(

Bramble Berry Fragrance oils for sale

If anyone is interested, I ordered 10 different fragrance oils from Bramble Berry thinking they were made with essential oils, but they aren't. I only use essential oils in my products, so I am hoping someone else can use these. I am selling them at a loss and offering free shipping! Here is a link to the product page and fragrance descriptions on one of my Etsy stores:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/47812533/br ... atch-of-10

I was wondering if many of you still love this place. I've only ordered from them once. Just a few weeks ago. I found that my 1oz. bottles of fragrance only had .8oz. in them. :(

Tiristia said:
I was wondering if many of you still love this place. I've only ordered from them once. Just a few weeks ago. I found that my 1oz. bottles of fragrance only had .8oz. in them. :(

That is one of my pet peeves with FO suppliers! Since in this business we use weight, not volume, it irks me when they sell FO/EO's by volume. I understand they might run into some issues with heavier oils, so you might not get the whole amount, but generally, the bottles are not what I'd consider 'full', even though they supposed have whatever the stated volume is in them. On the other hand, if there's a light FO that doesn't fill the full volume, I'd be fine w/ a bottle that doesn't seem quite full. Just give me my oils in weight! :)

Back