Brainstorming on faster setting time...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michelle, you are just the gal I came searching for out here. I have been making CPOP soap for the past couple of months. I've been making soap off and on for the past 10 years.

I just received my log soap molds and I'm so excited. I also just moved homes and using a new to me oven. So I've got a few variable going that are new to me PLUS *could shoot myself for this* I left my soap longer in the oven.

I bake my soap for 2 hours and they were turning out fine and ready to use immediately or shortly thereafter with lots of lovely, moisturizing lather.

So I went out to put in a front garden while the soap baked. Oppps, new neighbours and they want to meet the new gal on the block so of course you gab and share gardening tips etc. etc. and Oh, you make soap ! How neat ! etc etc and when I get in the house to turn off the soap it's an hour over the time it should have been turned off.

I left the soap in the oven (2 logs, different essential oils) for 8 hours. I just took them out and they are pliable. I feel that if I were to release the molds there would be this meltdown on my counter.

HELP !!!

I'm leaving the soap in the molds overnight. I'm thinking I will take the cover off of the soaps so the air can raise up off more easily.

Is this the gel stage that you mentioned earlier? the top is hard but if you press down on it you can tell it's pretty soft underneath - like a pudding is hiding in there.

Back