Box opener's (people)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody....
I loathe shrink wrap so. That I am willing to purchase boxes. My question is to people that sell in person. Markets, fairs, and the likes.
Do you notice people opening the boxes to get a better look?? I have found a box with a window down the side. That will work for my T/S bars. It shows the length of the bar. I've yet to find a box for my square bars. Thank you for your time.
boxes.jpg

I loathe shrink wrap so. That I am willing to purchase boxes. My question is to people that sell in person. Markets, fairs, and the likes.

Do you notice people opening the boxes to get a better look?? I have found a box with a window down the side. That will work for my T/S bars. It shows the length of the bar. I've yet to find a box for my square bars. Thank you for your time.

I didn't like shrink wrap either. The one time I used it (craft fair), I ended up having to cut it off one end so people could smell the soap.

I use boxes. My large boxes have a leaf cut-out at the top, my medium boxes have a full oval. People will look at the label first, then they pick it up to smell, then then look at the soap itself. The advantage of the full oval is that you can see most of the soap, the disadvantage is that labeling is a bit tricky without cluttering up the box. I figured that when I went back to craft fairs (2022), I would shrink wrap a single soap as a "display" with the boxed soaps behind it.

As for finding boxes...I found it easier to make soap to fit the boxes than to find boxes to fit my soap.

We use boxes from Wholesale Supply Plus with the rectangular window on the front. The opening is large enough for people to smell the soaps. The label that we use covers the top and back of the box so they cannot open the box from the top. I have never had anyone try to open it from the bottom.

Back