bouncing baby boy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
i just logged on to babies r us to do some shopping for my cousin's shower...and she requested: baby shampoo, wash, etc......

so i said, "eeek!" :shock:

anybody have a gentle baby recipe for a shampoo or wash or balm?

Hey WFP, hope all is well! :) just did some searching and I found...

1)http://www.soapnaturally.org/soap_recipes/pga_calendulababy_soap.html

2)

MAKE YOUR OWN HERBAL DIAPER SALVE:
You can make this simple, yet effective salve right in your own kitchen. Heat 1 cup olive oil and 3/4 cup chopped herbs in a stainless steel, enameled or ceramic pan. Simmer at low for 30 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally. This helps to extract the herb essences and keeps it from burning. Cool slightly, strain out any chunks of herbs remaining. Return oil to pan and add 1/4 cup of grated beeswax. Stir gently to melt wax (you may need a bit of gentle heat to do this). Place a drop on a plate and freeze for a few minutes to see if it hardens. If it doesn't, add more beeswax; if it's too hard to spread on your skin easily, just add a bit more oil. Store in a jar, labeled with ingredients and date.
Suggested wild herbs to gather: cottonwood buds (late-fall or winter), pussy willow bark (early spring), chickweed, yarrow and plantain (look in your garden or lawn!).
Additional Uses: chapped lips and hands, scrapes from fall, minor burns, sunburn and bug bites.

3)
http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cache:A3 ... anser.html

Thought that might help a bit?? :)

I make a salve my kids call "Magic Cream" because it cleared up a scratch on my 3 yr olds hand overnight! Like Magic!

It's olive oil infused with lavender, calendula and chickweed made into a salve with beeswax and lavender eo.

We've used it on all sorts of stuff, scratches, rashes, eczema, as lip balm, on chapped cheeks, etc. It's not really great as a bum cream because I think it heats up too much in the diapers and it seemed to cause a bit of a heat rash on my daughter's bum during the summer...but it works good on mild rashes elsewhere.

right now I have it in 1oz plastic jars, but I think it would work awesome in deodorant tubes or something similar to a large lip balm tube.

just an idea.... :D

Latest posts

Back