Bought some Almond butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpvalley

Reaction score
Almond butter separated and now I have almond oil and almond butter. El cheapo here wants to know if I can use the oil in a soap recipe. Will it be okay, will the lye cure it so it doesn't go rancid, or any of those not so good things that can happen. The jar label prints,
ingredients: made from roasted almonds, palm oil, sunflower oil, sugar, salt.

I would be hesitant to use it in soap because you don't know how much of each oil is present in the blend.

For eating purposes, you can scrape out the jar into a food processor or a mixing bowl, and use the food process or a mixer to mix/beat/whatever back together. If you keep it in the fridge, it won't separate as badly. Though it will be harder to use. Which frustrates me - I want a lower-sugar peanut butter but all of them separate because they are trying to be natural and not use hydrogenated oils.

For soaping purposes - I'd pick the one with the highest SAP value and use that in my calculations. You're not making a whole batch of it, so you'll be fine.

Thank you for your replies. Not quite sure yet if I am going to try it. If I decide to I will post it.

Latest posts

Back