Bought Smelling Frangrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcbrewer

Reaction score
I have been making soap for a while now and in the beginning I was not using any fragrance in my soap but noticed off smells and decided to try using some fragrances purchased from a large online soap making company. I purchased two different sampler packs and they came out great but they either smelled like cologne or fruit. I am looking for a fragrance like bought soap like (Zest, Irish Spring, Dial, and Coast) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm guessing that by "bought soap" you mean something that's not recognizable as any one thing and relatively unisex.

If that's close to your goal, I recommend Brambleberry's Wasabi. It doesn't smell like actual wasabi (which would be horseradish, I guess?) but rather just bright and "green."

Brambleberry sells a fragrance called Soapy Clean, which smells just like Tone soap to me. It's a wonderfully clean and 'soapy' scent. My whole family loves it.

I haven't used any of the following, but they are possible candidates:

Pure Rain from Wholesale Supplies Plus (supposed to smell like Lever 2000, although some say it also smells somewhat like Irish Spring)

Irish Spring- type from Sweet Cakes

IrishLass :)

Read the descriptions and reviews if they have any. Some key words might be soapy, clean, fresh and spa. The reviews will be very helpful here.

Brambleberry's Feliz Navidad smells like laundry detergent to me. Just used Bitter Creek North's Lime Leaf & Lily and it smells very soapy to me with a hint of lime.

Brambleberry sells a fragrance called Soapy Clean, which smells just like Tone soap to me. It's a wonderfully clean and 'soapy' scent. My whole family loves it.

I haven't used any of the following, but they are possible candidates:

Pure Rain from Wholesale Supplies Plus (supposed to smell like Lever 2000, although some say it also smells somewhat like Irish Spring)

Irish Spring- type from Sweet Cakes

IrishLass :)

If I could put smiley faces with hearts in the eyes, I would put five of them here (although I may be too old to use those)

Lever 2000 was my favorite soap scent growing up. Thank you Irish Lass for the tip! This will complete my soapy smelling scent collection!

Yes I second the Soapy Clean (BB)recommendation. It smells like tone to me too, maybe a little cleaner than Tone.

I have purchased Irish Spring from sweetcakes. It smells great OOB but I can't attest to the smell once it has been soaped.

Back