Bought my own Christmas gift!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBeeHaven

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a soap cutter. Merry Christmas to me! Who else had soap supplies on their gift list? Happy holidays to my favorite soap community!
20211215_111328.jpg

Congrats. That looks like some nice craftmanship. Where did you get it? @MsBeeHaven I am very good at buying myself christmas presents when it comes to soaping stuff. I told my wife not to worry about soaping gift stuff because I know what I want so it's just easier if I just buy it myself and pretend to be excited when I open it on Christmas morning. :p

I finally broke down and bought a soap cutter. Merry Christmas to me! Who else had soap supplies on their gift list? Happy holidays to my favorite soap community!View attachment 63213
Looks great! Merry Christmas!

All the gifts (Christmas and birthday) I've received over the last 4yrs have to do with soaping lol. My latest is from my sister, it's a puncher that makes tags so I don't have to measure and cut them one by one anymore
IMG-20211213-WA0008.jpeg

I finally broke down and bought a soap cutter. Merry Christmas to me! Who else had soap supplies on their gift list? Happy holidays to my favorite soap community!View attachment 63213
I gave myself the soaf edge cutter. It won't arrive until after Christmas, but that's OK. I don't have time for soaping until then anyway. My justification, other than I just want it, is that the price will only be higher in the future, so I got it now.

I had a couple of last minute sales yesterday (people contacting me for product) and used that and a generous Christmas bonus as an excuse to buy myself a simple bath bomb press. Shampoo bars are a good seller for me but I dislike pressing them by hand so this will make it a lot easier for me. Merry Christmas to me!

I really want a bath bomb press for Christmas but don't think Santa will be bringing one this year.

Among the too many things I don't really need, but would love to have, is a viscosimeter, to measure the fluidity of LS in a quantitative way (to judge how effective different thickening agents work, etc.). Or a thermostat oven to keep something at exactly 62°C for two days. Or a tabletop chilling drum/votator for oil fractionation and margarine microbatches, or or or …
Back then, this was pure science fiction … but that was three weeks ago, and times have changed since then 😃. For sure I will annoy you all with details soon enough, just so much: it's not a viscosimeter, since these appear easy enough to build/tinker together (at least when aiming for householde-level precision), that I wouldn't bother buying one.

It's really handy! I imagine it'll look awesome with printed paper as well just have to figure out the spacing coz you can't really see what you're cutting (I write on mine so that's moot lol).
If you turn the punch upside down, you can easily see the spacing. Old scrapbooking trick

Back