Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow week at work. China is off because of mandatory plant shutdown and holiday. My boss at offsite training and then in China next week, so I'll be spinning wheels for a few weeks.

Slow week at work. China is off because of mandatory plant shutdown and holiday. My boss at offsite training and then in China next week, so I'll be spinning wheels for a few weeks.
Sounds like us. We are in the process of trying to implement a new software tool for tracking and filing documents (actually it went live last month) and it is failing miserably, so we are sitting here doing everything manually - no big deal, it's what we did before this implementation, however, because the software has changed we can't actually file manually.. It's such a big mess.
Then on top of this, we are moving offices to a new location in the state in a couple weeks, so everyone is on cleanup instead of deals. Which is great because it's slowed way down, but not so great because it's slowed down so much I've completed all my work that would normally take me 6 of the 8 hours of the day to do, is now taking me literally like 15-20 minutes. *sigh*

I hate it when programs don't work right.
We just started the ROBO reminder Doc appt calls. But the system we have does NOT allow you to say you don't want them sent.

Another day I wish I would have driven in to work. I literally have nothing to do for the next 5 hours. *sigh* And that is even after going to coffee this morning for an hour.

It has not been this slow a day in a long while. I do not like slow days; I have plenty of things I could be doing at home but I can't leave. *sigh*
My sentiments, exactly!!
I could leave, but I rode the bus, and the earliest bus out of downtown for my route, is the one I already take at 4pm. I could circumvent that and take a different route to get home, but that would take at least 2 hours to finally get to my car to get home and it's just not worth the angst I would feel being on a bus for that long. LOL

I could never not drive for this exact reason. I would like to leave when I wanted to..

When parking is $27 a day and the bus is $5 you get over wanting to drive real quick. LOL
I'd rather pay $100 a month out of pocket to get to work, than $500. My lunch subsidy covers the bus cost but would come up short about $300 for parking, so it's just economic this way - otherwise, yeah, I'd drive everyday too.
When I worked for the O&G company a few blocks from here, they reimbursed parking. This company doesn't pay or reimburse parking, but they do pay a lunch subsidy, so I just turn around and use that for transportation.

Another reason I'm not thrilled about the company moving. Once they do, our lunch subsidy is going away. I won't have parking costs, or bus costs, but will have to drive, and take a toll road. all in all, without the lunch subsidy just to work at the new campus it's going to cost me out of pocket about $3500 a year more than what I am paying right now.

My hub and I need a generator for our RV for when we go camping this summer. The last couple summer's we have just borrowed one but because our friends are coming with us this summer, so we need our own. I've been researching and found one so bought it.

This was the text I just received from my hub:

"I'm glad you get paid for not doing much because when you are bored at work you're shopping and spending money"

LMAO (He's not wrong)

I want an update on the new girl, @Lin19687! Are you now full-on besties or do snotty faces still abound??

Just the quiet whispering they do and a few snotty faces.
She just says bad things about every one. People that call, the Military (army wife), the Base, people what live near her .... I wonder when it will end?
Course, her 'Newness" will wear off when she goes to her own desk and sits next to the slow one. Cna't wait to see how THAT goes :rolleyes:.

Best part is, she is such a fast learner (know it all) that they are also showing her the harder scheduling. I wouldn't be shown that for a few more months at least. So all the power to her ! She can have that, no one likes doing it from what I can see (hear) LOLOLOL

I have 9 minutes before I can leave for the day. Leaving early to pick the daughter because she has to be at her orchestra concert at 5:30. This week is just starting and I'm kind of over it. China was on holiday last week. This week over half my engineers are in China, so my workload is going to be even less than usual. Y'all are gonna be seeing a lot of me in the chatty section... or else I'm going to have to take PTO so that I can do stuff at home. Really that's what I should do. I still have over 4 weeks of PTO for the year... Whew! 5 minutes left! What else can I ramble about? Hmmm... listening to a GOT podcast. I'm struggling a bit because it took me a few episodes to figure out who they are talking about because their pronunciation of names is waaaay different than the pronunciation in my head when I read the books. I find that a lot with words in general though because I read a lot, but people I know don't use those words, and then I meet someone who does and it's like "whoa. dude. i'm an idiot." So then I go back to people and I'm like "man, I'm an idiot. I've been saying this word wrong" and they're like "I don't even know what that means". And on that note... it's time to go!

I have 9 minutes before I can leave for the day. Leaving early to pick the daughter because she has to be at her orchestra concert at 5:30. This week is just starting and I'm kind of over it. China was on holiday last week. This week over half my engineers are in China, so my workload is going to be even less than usual. Y'all are gonna be seeing a lot of me in the chatty section... or else I'm going to have to take PTO so that I can do stuff at home. Really that's what I should do. I still have over 4 weeks of PTO for the year... Whew! 5 minutes left! What else can I ramble about? Hmmm... listening to a GOT podcast. I'm struggling a bit because it took me a few episodes to figure out who they are talking about because their pronunciation of names is waaaay different than the pronunciation in my head when I read the books. I find that a lot with words in general though because I read a lot, but people I know don't use those words, and then I meet someone who does and it's like "whoa. dude. i'm an idiot." So then I go back to people and I'm like "man, I'm an idiot. I've been saying this word wrong" and they're like "I don't even know what that means". And on that note... it's time to go!
hahaha this reminds me of the word "assuage" I know what the word means, I've heard people say it (although it always sounds foreign to me) because when reading it I always pronounce it in my head as "a sausage" LMAO Which I KNOW is wrong, but as long as I know what the meaning is when reading it, I don't really care.

I caught up with this season of GoT tv show last night. Must say - absolutely NOT impressed. If the first season would have been acted/written like this, I promise it would not have been the hit it has been all this time. It's so bad, I don't even know if I'll watch the rest of the season...

Latest posts

Back