Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had today off and, for some reason, I kept thinking it was Saturday.
I was off work yesterday too, but ended up so sick Thursday evening that I'm glad it wasn't Saturday, so it feels like a normal weekend for me.

Tomorrow we are having a big Easter Brunch day at my mom's so that'll eat a lot of my weekend time as well.

Weekends are so short these days...

Ain't that the truth? (I have all next week off.)
I can't complain too much -
I was on a cruise the middle of March, then in Singapore first part of April, and in mid may will have to work from home from the 17th until after Memorial Day, and then after that I'm going camping at the beginning of June.

LOL About the middle of June when I have nothing coming up for a while and have to put in full work weeks then I can start complaining again. LOL

It's dreary out today, on a good note, I did seed the just leveled back yard. Now I just hope that the seed wasn't too old to sprout.

I have a confesion to make: I still write fanfiction. I started when I was like 12 or something and my love of writing lead me study literature and creative writing. The bad news is that, when writing became a job, i stoped enjoying it, and so, i quit writing for about 8 years. Last november i got the itch again and resumed writing a story that started 9 years ago, it was a fanfiction, and I have been writing it for the past few months. And yesterday, after 300 pages, i finally wrote “the end”. I finished it! Yes, it is a fanfiction, and yes, its girly and corny, and whatnot, but I did it, and it makes me happy, because I, in fact, still enjoy writing and somewhere in there, my love for writing stories is still alive.

That’s it. Carry on!

She says that too, but she's the Mod , and a Leo, so ...

I am hoping today is a Fast time day. Not sure I can take another 'drool on my desk" day. And there is something about the 'new hire girl' that I am not liking. She is nice enough, maybe too type A+++ but I think she will be a know-it-all soon.
KWIM? I just can't put my finger on it

Ooooh yes, I do know exactly what you mean! I have one here - she started in March (in the position that I interviewed for but didn't get, btw, so I *might* be biased...) but she walked in as a know-it-all. She's slowly catching on to the differences between US and Chinese culture that we have to deal with... but she's still determined that she'll be the one to "break them". [please note: I am not bashing Chinese culture at all, it is just different than US culture, and learning the culture is a learning curve if you've never experienced it. 17 years of experience personally, and I'm still learning things...]

Yes, that is hard to do. This one is from above france...
Here 2-1/2 days and then says. How long did it take YOU to learn this?

Yup, you can' keep your "I'm the best and fastest chart' all to your self.
Oh and the 1st day when she told me how to deal with people.

Hmmm funny, you been in here for a year (just my state) and the other job you had lasted less then 6 months ??? hmmmmm

ok I am being mean.

count to 50 Lin. its worse than your kid doing it to you isn't it (I am assuming you are still at work?) I worked with a young chick that cried when she had to deal with the front desk staff or patients but would turn me in to the boss for things she thought I was doing wrong--foolish brat didn't realize how much the clinic front desk and managers liked me cuz I did what I was hired to do and not what I wanted to do. this makes me happy to be retired...…….kinda

I always wait to cry at my own desk. My next door cubicle mate (we sit diagonally through the door way so he can see me) has serious concerns that one day I'm just going to lose it. I'm one of those frustrated/angry criers. I kind of feel bad for the guys when they come up to my desk to ask a question and I'm crying and they get a panicked look on their face. I feel bad for a second, but then I remind myself to not feel sorry for them, if they weren't butt heads I wouldn't be crying.

Anyways, just remember @Lin19687 that it's only ok to smack them in your head. Don't actually do it.

I'm at home now so I can type.... This girl has 90 days to see if they like her.
So far she has been there 4 days training next to me with the girl who trained me. And says oh this is so easy, I have no idea why it would take more then a week to learn this......... from the 30 year old who has never had a Mammogram
The Boss is on vacation. I am hoping that NG (new girl) will have to sit with the boss like I did for 2 weeks.
The boss will not like her 'I know it all ' attitude and will smack that down fast !

unfortunately we desperately need another person :(

I just found it funny that NG is a military Wife, they have been at this base for about a year and have 3 kids.... she worked at the medical office making appts. Now I know that it takes a few months to even get an interview or hired there so... I wonder why she left and it must have been a short stint. I know this job she had, pay not bad and hours are Great !
She is from Germany and has already made comments about how America is stupid and the military is dumb including her Husband. And how she does her Husbands military work....:rolleyes:
She told us about an issue with a Lieutenant that yelled at her and berated her on the phone. How she kept her cool and her boss made the guy come in and apologies to her.
I DO NOT BUY THIS. 1) I find it Very hard to believe that a LT would do that. An Officer is NOT going to go ballistic on the phone to a Dr office to get an appt that day. We have 3 Urgent Care centers around this base.
I just do not buy it ...........
2) she has already been belittling people she has heard on the phones and others in the office on day 2.

Please Please don't let her get this job..... The people who call us need NICE people to schedule them.

Ok thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

The Boss is on vacation. I am hoping that NG (new girl) will have to sit with the boss like I did for 2 weeks.
The boss will not like her 'I know it all ' attitude and will smack that down fast !

hopefully this is what will happen!!! will her trainer be blunt with the boss on how things are going? she sounds like a peach.

The trainer is very nice I am sure she will say she is doing great.
And I am not saying that the girl is not getting it. But she is flaunting like she knows it all and we all are stupid for taking so long to learn it.

The trainer is very nice I am sure she will say she is doing great.
And I am not saying that the girl is not getting it. But she is flaunting like she knows it all and we all are stupid for taking so long to learn it.[/QUOTE

those are hard types of people to deal on a day to day basis. usually its the type that makes sure the boss knows they are waaaaaay smarter than the rest. good luck

Latest posts

Back