Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Office is slow this morning, so I ordered FO's. Three of them were needed for orders, the other seven were for my own enjoyment... Otherwise just sitting here contemplating my life and the weather. Last week 25 inches of snow, this week it's raining... good times.

@Nate5700 NOPE, IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE A LEMON CAKE.
sorry, for caps, There must have been a mix up at the factory and I got a regular yellow cake
:(
I really wanted lemon

Two things that might help: make a simple lemon glaze to top it with: confectioner's sugar and lemon juice. Make a lemon curd to put between two layers of cake, then add lemon glaze.

Last week I chose to stay in because of the snow. Now I’m sick with a bad cold. I’ve completely lost my voice so I can’t even call anyone. Hubby is turkey hunting. I. have. cabin. fever.

Two things that might help: make a simple lemon glaze to top it with: confectioner's sugar and lemon juice. Make a lemon curd to put between two layers of cake, then add lemon glaze.

I don't use frosting, I just like the cake. I tossed them all but 6 small cupcakes

Did you all know that the people that did Duncan Hines own like 50 other companies ??!!

That's how a lot of these brands are. Nabisco and Kraft I think were both owned by the tobacco companies at some point. GE makes everything from kitchen appliances to substation circuit breakers to jet engines. It's pretty rare to have a major brand that's owned by a company that does just one thing.

Yes I did know that, but was just surprised how long the Drop down menu was for picking what product (on the Duncan Hines webite).

You didn't tell me it was Duncan Hines! I stopped buying their mixes a few years ago, the flavor quality dropped and the lemon didn't taste lemon, the dark chocolate tasted exactly like the chocolate fudge (I think it's called). I switched to Pillsbury... and then I stopped baking all together. I'm pretty sure the cupboard full of cake mixes that moved with me into the new house are all expired. Oh wait... maybe it was Betty Crocker that I'm thinking of. Ohgeezus, now I've managed to confuse myself. Bah, they're probably all owned by the same company anyways.

I am sitting here painfully counting every minute until I can go home. Even though I had a 4-1/2 day weekend last week, I sure am ready for another one! Maybe I can finally get whatever is running me down out of my system by catching some extra sleep. Really not looking forward to all the work I have to do so I can make soap. I did get dishes started over lunch and lye masterbatched, so there's that. I hate soap dishes. It's gross. Maybe even grosser than washing real dishes. You'd think with all these kids running around my house I would be able to pay someone to wash them for me... nope. They'd all rather get the free handout from their dads. I think I just crossed over from "bored" to "post your gripe". Oh! the sun just broke through here, yippee! Something else to make me wish I wasn't here.

made another GM soap today that I am hoping it turned out and am almost finished with my basket of goodies I am donating (just waiting for my ingred labels). now I am bored again. I really need to find another part time job--I am driving myself bonkers!!

1 person out today and the other one I work with is So super slow.........and not a new player here.
So when I got 6 in cue I just try and swing through them all.
I have had the BEST people call today so it is making my day a Smiling

They all call at once and then I have an hour of nothing :cool:

1 person out today and the other one I work with is So super slow.........and not a new player here.
So when I got 6 in cue I just try and swing through them all.
I have had the BEST people call today so it is making my day a Smiling

They all call at once and then I have an hour of nothing :cool:

I used to l0ve talking to the patients when they called in-or I called them!! could always tell when they said hi how the call was going to go. there are some crabby ass people out there but there are some real sweeties and thankfully I got more of the sweeties than the other ones. I really miss that part of my job

I used to l0ve talking to the patients when they called in-or I called them!! could always tell when they said hi how the call was going to go. there are some crabby ass people out there but there are some real sweeties and thankfully I got more of the sweeties than the other ones. I really miss that part of my job

Lol mee too.

I schedule Mammograms So............ I LOVE the funny people.

My fav is the ones that call and say : I am calling to schedule my yearly Boob squish "
:lol:
Cracks me up every time.

Lol mee too.

I schedule Mammograms So............ I LOVE the funny people.

My fav is the ones that call and say : I am calling to schedule my yearly Boob squish "
:lol:
Cracks me up every time.

I talked to them after I called their insurance company to see if they were covered and how much the insurance would pay (physical therapy). there are a lot of crappy insurances out there and it always made my day to get yelled at the cuz the insurance "they" picked didn't cover :)

IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!

This week seemed Really long..................

Waiting for the big storm that is coming tonight thru till Sunday
Big winds.
Just battened down all the hatches outside ;)

Latest posts

Back